hulika

Author Topic: Latency Issues - I use Sonar (HELP!)  (Read 1088 times)

Offline ceesharp

Latency Issues - I use Sonar (HELP!)
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »
Sirs, ngayon lang ako napa daan sa forum na `to. I'm new to recording with my computer and I have big issues about latency. Here's my setup:

- Intel Core2 Duo E4500 Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Value soundcard
- Electric guitars/electric bass through a Boss BX-60 stereo mixer to the soundcard
- Cakewalk Sonar 7

I basically run the tracks with simulator VST plug-ins like AmpliTube for effects. So far, guitars at bass palang ang kaya kong i-record. Okay naman yung playback ng recordings. Yung problema ko lang, nagkakaroon ng delay kung mino-monitor ko yung track na may effects. Monitoring with the soundcard never had any problems. Kaso, yung clean signal lang yung naririnig. Gusto ko sanang marinig din yung processed sound para lang hindi awkward. Hehe. What seems to be the problem with this? Anyway I could fix this?

Thank you sirs! :-D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:06:52 AM by ceesharp »

Offline moogerfooger

Re: Latency Issues - I use Sonar (HELP!)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »
Sirs, ngayon lang ako napa daan sa forum na `to. I'm new to recording with my computer and I have big issues about latency. Here's my setup:

- Intel Core2 Duo E4500 Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Creative SoundBlaster Audigy2 Value soundcard
- Electric guitars/electric bass through a Boss BX-60 stereo mixer to the soundcard
- Cakewalk Sonar 7

I basically run the tracks with simulator VST plug-ins like AmpliTube for effects. So far, guitars at bass palang ang kaya kong i-record. Okay naman yung playback ng recordings. Yung problema ko lang, nagkakaroon ng delay kung mino-monitor ko yung track na may effects. Monitoring with the soundcard never had any problems. Kaso, yung clean signal lang yung naririnig. Gusto ko sanang marinig din yung processed sound para lang hindi awkward. Hehe. What seems to be the problem with this? Anyway I could fix this?

Thank you sirs! :-D

menu

options > audio > general tab

sir check nyo yung mixing latency :-) to the left ..to the left ang slider :-)

ano pong driver ang gamit nyo ? (under ADVANCED tab = playback & recording=driver mode

chek nyo po kung MME, WDM etc..)
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

"NEVER FROWN BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SMILE"

Offline ceesharp

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
Thank you sir! That sure did the job! Pero, minsan nagki-clip yung monitor signal. Tsaka merong slight delay. Super konti. Mga 0.0000000000000001 milli-seconds. Yung soundcard kaya yung problema dito? Lalo na sa pagki-clip? Thanks! :-D

Offline rocketboy

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:11:38 AM »
Try the kx drivers for your audigy2...more technical but more optimized than the creative drivers...capable of lower latencies

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

Hope this helps...

Offline ceesharp

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 02:05:44 AM »
Try the kx drivers for your audigy2...more technical but more optimized than the creative drivers...capable of lower latencies

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

Hope this helps...

Hmmm... Hindi ko ma-install yung driver. I checked the box again. Hindi pala Audigy 2. Audigy Value lang pala. Shucks. My soundcard sucks. :-(

Offline bloodshedd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
try getting an interface with direct monitoring capabilities and supports ASIO drivers... (This is me trying to ask you to buy an M-AUDIO interface... We sell them..)

or....

Poor man's tech runaround - Get something to split your signal (like a direct box...) plug one output to the amp and one to the soundcard. Disable monitoring on SONAR and use the amp as your monitor.... Since you already have a mixer that has 2 outputs then youre already covered although I would still use the direct box since a mixer's inputs are not designed to handle instrument impedance level... hehehe...
For JB MUSIC AND SPORTS' big discounts and 0% installment deals.... Check out https://www.facebook.com/JBMusicPh

Contact JB MUSIC ALABANG TOWN CENTER @ 809-1726 and 842-9545  Check out BADBURN @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Badburn/114672008558924?ref=