hulika

Author Topic: HOLY [gooey brown stuff]! Bohemian Rhapsody in MULTITRACK!  (Read 3919 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
HOLY [gooey brown stuff]! Bohemian Rhapsody in MULTITRACK!
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:38:08 AM »

How the f**k did this get out?  Can I have a copy?  :-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: HOLY [gooey brown stuff]! Bohemian Rhapsody in MULTITRACK!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:48:45 AM »

How the f**k did this get out?  Can I have a copy?  :-D

some moron probably leaked it. i don't get the hooplah tho - it is a multitrack, so?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 04:03:41 AM »
some moron probably leaked it. i don't get the hooplah tho - it is a multitrack, so?

I want to get hold of the tracks.  :-D

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline soakedinscissors

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:43:58 AM »
im downloading them now. heheheh

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:12 AM »
@soaked, tama ba yung link? yun nga ba yon?
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline soakedinscissors

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »
yup. taringa.net/posts/musica/1063087/Queen-:-Killer-Queen-24
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:14:20 AM by soakedinscissors »

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 05:29:30 PM »
Eto na ang simula. Because tracks can be available everywhere, (sinimulan na officially ng Radiohead... and now, unofficially, this) sound engineers will be the new rock stars. :D
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »
Eto na ang simula. Because tracks can be available everywhere, (sinimulan na officially ng Radiohead... and now, unofficially, this) sound engineers will be the new rock stars. :D

Which album's tracks were released?
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »
Which album's tracks were released?

In Rainbows. They're selling raw tracks for everyone to remix and showcase.

EDIT: check it out here: http://www.radioheadremix.com/information/
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline soakedinscissors

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »
they announced that one in apple.com.. they only released stems.. not tracks. i hope one day the engineers can be rock stars in the phils. sa ibang bansa lang naman pwede maging rockstar ang engineer. hahhaa
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:08:27 AM by soakedinscissors »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »
they announced that one in apple.com.. they only released stems.. not tracks. i hope one the engineers can be rock stars in the phils. sa ibang bansa lang naman pwede maging rockstar ang engineer. hahhaa

quite possible pero the idea is to mix a new band within a new project to show what you've done, not to remix something that has already gained legendary status as a stand-alone record. you could also do a new project with an existing band, it all depends on the work that you get. you might be famous in the business as a skillfull person but i don't know if you would be considered a rock-star and pursued like one by the papz. i've talked to some people about what it is like and it doesn't sound very appealing at all. imagine trying to eat with a camera going off in your face every 5 minutes!

Offline MacoySIN

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 04:28:00 AM »
so, is it legal to download the bohemian rhapsody multitracks?  :-D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:29:53 AM by MacoySIN »

Offline soakedinscissors

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 08:23:15 AM »
quite possible pero the idea is to mix a new band within a new project to show what you've done, not to remix something that has already gained legendary status as a stand-alone record. you could also do a new project with an existing band, it all depends on the work that you get. you might be famous in the business as a skillfull person but i don't know if you would be considered a rock-star and pursued like one by the papz. i've talked to some people about what it is like and it doesn't sound very appealing at all. imagine trying to eat with a camera going off in your face every 5 minutes!

true.. checkout garbage.. i think they are producers and rockstars. im just saying that it can be inevitable for engineers in other countries to be a rockstar/producer/engineer. dito lang mejo hindi kasi di naman alam ng karamihan yun, alam lang nila ay may instumento ka.. di nila alam na may may studio work ka rin. there is nothing wrong with being mega popular.. (as an engineer and a rockstar or whatever) depende naman kahit kanino yan eh. kung sumikat ka.. di mo na kasalanan yun.. kung magpadala ka sa compromiso..yun yon..talo ka! i met and had conversed with rockstars. iv eaten with them while they are being filmd and shot at by slr's.. thats the whole game that everybody can play.. and i dont really care. thats work for them.. and they gotta do it because they chose that path. if they complain..quit nalang. Alam naman ng lahat ng tao na hasle kumain at may kukuha ng pic.. pero kung magkakaroon sila ng maraming benefits dahil don and can certainly make other people feel good with their pic.. eh muka bang hihindi sila sa onting ngiti? for me its the music that will set you off no matter what. kung sasabog at sasabog na sikat ka.. sisikat ka. kung hindi.. you still have the music. hahahahah... meron nga jang iba di mo alam kung bat sikat pero ok lang... astig parin.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:30:53 AM by soakedinscissors »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »
sure. i get what you mean and here in the US it is the same as well, the people that play can be rockstars too as well as wear the producer hat if they want to. Butch (Vig - Garbage) was already a busy producer before he even went huge with Garbage and the same goes for Steve Albini (producer for Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins) who also plays with avant-garde punk outfit, Shellac, and Amir Derakh (Orgy, Coal Chamber) and Adam D (Killswitch Engage) who has produced quite a number of new metal bands out right now like As I Lay Dying, all Killswitch's albums and Shadows Fall. Devin (Townshend) from Strapping Young Lad is another gifted guy that actually runs his own studio out of Canada and tours when he can with his band. point is, people who occupy the producer seat and the musician's role usually do so because it allows them to contribute and develop their skills over a broad range of situations which makes them very savvy about what they do and how they conduct business in music.

if you asked me, i would encourage being a producer as well as a musician because it really shows you how the creative process goes from the writing stage to the production level. as a musician, it is your responsibility to know everything about your craft. when I moved to the US, a lot of the people on the underground scene I got to know started their bands with a DiY operation and eventually produced their demos this way with borrowed gear and, quite often, borrowed instruments. All the bands I used to know on the touring circuit from the late 80s and early 90s in the underground have since moved on to being pretty popular bands in their own respective genres and every single one of them have done so knowing how to work behind a console as well as on stage with an instrument.

Offline soakedinscissors

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »
well there. mas nakakatakot ang micropono kesa sa camera.. pag rakstar ka. (rakstar na tunay.yung hindi dumadaan sa auto tune.) hehehe joke lang. abby.. how long ka na sa tate?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:42:54 AM by soakedinscissors »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 12:32:14 PM »
well there. mas nakakatakot ang micropono kesa sa camera.. pag rakstar ka. (rakstar na tunay.yung hindi dumadaan sa auto tune.) hehehe joke lang. abby.. how long ka na sa tate?

oh no...all kinds of people often fall on auto tune and this can set people apart from the really skilled performers who have took the time and effort to learn proper singing technique and control. unfortunately, some people end up using auto-tune as a crutch and it shows when they suck at singing during concerts.  usually, when a band has spent a lot of time as a live act they've already cut their teeth on the required skills to perform consistently and i am sure you've noticed this too if you've attended live shows a lot. a good band on CD may not be as good a band live because they haven't put in the time to work out the kinks in an element of their live production. if you ask me, if a band can do production work AND perform, that is a great thing that should be developed because they end up being very good at two things that are integral to their profession.

i would imagine na there are a lot of people sa Pinas that do the musician/ producer thing but people just aren't aware of it. I just got hold of the new Sandwich album after Shinji Tanaka told me about it and I really dig the sound on the record. It is an amazing piece of work and I love it. I haven't looked at the liner notes but I wonder how much of a producer's role Raimund and Diego took on making this new release.

I've been in the US for more than 15 years.

Offline soakedinscissors

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
yah you are right. i always run down some tracks in an antres vocal producer most of the time. these days..everyones is rushed to make albums...before i think it takes alot of time to lay in such beautiful tracks. like floyd's darkside of the moon.. that is a piece of work. today..as long as it sounds good in any speaker.. yun na yung. i just sampled in the drum sound of the queen song. hanep!

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 05:33:31 AM »
Ganda talaga ng boses ni freddy mercury..  It really comes through in the vid.  Appreciate the link!  Thanks kaloyster.   :-)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »
oh no...all kinds of people often fall on auto tune and this can set people apart from the really skilled performers who have took the time and effort to learn proper singing technique and control. unfortunately, some people end up using auto-tune as a crutch and it shows when they suck at singing during concerts.  usually, when a band has spent a lot of time as a live act they've already cut their teeth on the required skills to perform consistently and i am sure you've noticed this too if you've attended live shows a lot. a good band on CD may not be as good a band live because they haven't put in the time to work out the kinks in an element of their live production. if you ask me, if a band can do production work AND perform, that is a great thing that should be developed because they end up being very good at two things that are integral to their profession.

i would imagine na there are a lot of people sa Pinas that do the musician/ producer thing but people just aren't aware of it. I just got hold of the new Sandwich album after Shinji Tanaka told me about it and I really dig the sound on the record. It is an amazing piece of work and I love it. I haven't looked at the liner notes but I wonder how much of a producer's role Raimund and Diego took on making this new release.

I've been in the US for more than 15 years.

Got a copy of the new Sandwich album and it rocks big time!