hulika

Author Topic: Need help in acoustic guitar pickups  (Read 976 times)

Offline calypso_13

Need help in acoustic guitar pickups
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »
I own a sigma acoustic guitar by martin. Mga sir ano ba ang recommend nyo pickup? I don't want the pickup that turns your acoustic guitar into an electric, if you know what i mean. Yun bang lumalabas yung acoustic tone na amplified, that's what i'm looking for. Ano ba rin yung mga kinds? and where can i buy them? I prefer sana na wala ng mods to the guitar., ie hole drilling, stuff like that. thanks mga sir!

Hehe.. Really good stuff

Offline dayuhan

• Netizen Level
Re: Need help in acoustic guitar pickups
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:57:15 PM »
I own a sigma acoustic guitar by martin. Mga sir ano ba ang recommend nyo pickup? I don't want the pickup that turns your acoustic guitar into an electric, if you know what i mean. Yun bang lumalabas yung acoustic tone na amplified, that's what i'm looking for. Ano ba rin yung mga kinds? and where can i buy them? I prefer sana na wala ng mods to the guitar., ie hole drilling, stuff like that. thanks mga sir!

K&K Pure Western mini will do the job well, don't know if anyone here sells it though.  Google for details...
Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far...

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
K & K is not available locally.  but you can try ordering from the people at Classifieds: Guitar Accessories.  look for BossingBoss and Captainsatch to mention some.

the best acoustic pickup locally available is the AER AK15+ in JB. 

check also the sites of LR Baggs, K & K and Fishman to name a few.

i think you need to make at least one hole in your guitar for the endpin.  that's all.  any luthier here can do that job for you.

PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »
K & K is not available locally.  but you can try ordering from the people at Classifieds: Guitar Accessories.  look for BossingBoss and Captainsatch to mention some.

the best acoustic pickup locally available is the AER AK15+ in JB. 

check also the sites of LR Baggs, K & K and Fishman to name a few.

i think you need to make at least one hole in your guitar for the endpin.  that's all.  any luthier here can do that job for you.

+1 on the K&K Pure Western Mini which i ordered online. but you don't need a luthier to install it. i drilled the endpin hole myself. just use the proper tools.

btw, you might get more responses on acoustic topics on the Acoustic Thread. us acoustic enthusiasts flock there, avoiding the flotsam and jetsam outside of it.  :-D

Offline dayuhan

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »
K&K now has something they call the "Vintage Endpin Jack", which they say requires no drilling at all.
Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far...