hulika

Author Topic: VAN HALEN FANATIC!!  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Charvylle

VAN HALEN FANATIC!!
« on: July 20, 2010, 05:37:38 AM »
Hey guys...are you an EVH fan too?....=3

Eruption with alittle twist..=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rA6ms8hEpc

thanks for your time...
show us your version... :-)
Van Halen - Erruption cover
Van Halen - Panama cover
Van Halen - Beat It cover

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: VAN HALEN FANATIC!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:34 AM »
I'm a big EVH/VH fan. So big of a fan that not only would I die for 'em, I'd kill for 'em! Yown!haha! But dude, there's already an existing thread dedicated solely to Van Halen. Just try to look for it. Welcome to Philmusic, by the way. :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
oh sorry..hehe..ill try to search for that...thanks for the warm welcome =3..im definitely staying for the long run..hehe... :-D
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 03:55:58 AM »
EVH fanatic here! :-D
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:48:19 AM »
EVH fanatic here!

are you more of the DLR time or the Hagar?...i personally think DLR is good even with steve vai...but when i picture Van Halen as a band, Hagar.....hehe.. :roll:
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline neicon27

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »
For me I like Hagar and Roth era.   not much for the cherone Era, 

Eddie is Eddie,  kahit halos parepareho na yung nakikita ko sa kanya astig pa din.  :-D :-D :-D

"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »
Van Halen Rocks \m/ :-P
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline dark_7

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »
For me I like Hagar and Roth era.   not much for the cherone Era, 

Eddie is Eddie,  kahit halos parepareho na yung nakikita ko sa kanya astig pa din.  :-D :-D :-D

same here..hagar is with satriani now right?
eddie is one of a kind guitarist..
..every artist was first an amateur..

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
yap, Hagar is with the band chickenfoot alongside Micheal Anthony...pretty good line up too..but i think the band is more of like a side project for all of them..cuz Satriani isn't a hundred percent committed to the band cause he does his solo tours...im not sure though... :roll:
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline dark_7

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
yap, Hagar is with the band chickenfoot alongside Micheal Anthony...pretty good line up too..but i think the band is more of like a side project for all of them..cuz Satriani isn't a hundred percent committed to the band cause he does his solo tours...im not sure though... :roll:
yup..i would love to see halen sa G3..sana :-(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:15:28 PM by dark_7 »

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 08:18:31 PM »
ah..kasi para sakin, tska napanood ku sa interview ni EVH minsan na hindi daw niya hilig magsolo artist tulad ni Satch, Vai..etc. maalala ku sabi niya na kapag nagsolo siya halos sakto din lang daw gagawin niya as if he were in the band...[yan, word per word, ganyan na ganyan mga sinabi niya at pagkasabi niya...niyahehehe...=3] :lol:
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline levik19

• Netizen Level
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
EVH is my guitar hero. Never been an alcoholic, I admire his wide perception of music, mapa-rhythm or lead, mapa-guitar, piano, or drums. (Yet I'm also a smoker)

I always wish Eddie the best in being sober for the nth time.
If the rumors are true in vhnd.com, I hope the new album with Dave will be the comeback
everyone's gonna talk about.

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »
I really admire too the fact that he came from nothing at all...migrating to the states at a very early age where the family had only a few dollars and a piano, and everything just came into place..yes he had some habits that distorted his image, but its just part of how he grew up...i wouldn't blame him for that...but all in all, a very talented and gifted artist this dude turned out to be... :-D
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline dark_7

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
I really admire too the fact that he came from nothing at all...migrating to the states at a very early age where the family had only a few dollars and a piano, and everything just came into place..yes he had some habits that distorted his image, but its just part of how he grew up...i wouldn't blame him for that...but all in all, a very talented and gifted artist this dude turned out to be... :-D
+2 8-)

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
ah..kasi para sakin, tska napanood ku sa interview ni EVH minsan na hindi daw niya hilig magsolo artist tulad ni Satch, Vai..etc. maalala ku sabi niya na kapag nagsolo siya halos sakto din lang daw gagawin niya as if he were in the band...[yan, word per word, ganyan na ganyan mga sinabi niya at pagkasabi niya...niyahehehe...=3] :lol:

Word for word you say? So EVH speaks our native tongue?haha! Just kiddin', man. :-D

Anyway, EVH is the greatest ever! Bar none! :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline neicon27

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »
I really love his work the especially on the song "5150"  lupet talaga para sa akin.   :-D actually yung buong album ng 5150 astig.... then there's OU812.... then For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge..... waaaaaahh ang saya!!!  :lol: :lol:
IMO  that should be in the top 100 guitars riffs

I'd list my other favorite van halen songs but then I might end up writing about 5 or 6 albums down  :lol:
"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline Charvylle

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 06:43:10 PM »
yup, he spoke tagalog..hehe... :-D

he also revolutionized one technique that i really really like...which is tapping of course...hehe..i mean alot of guitarheads out there took it up a notch but i guess they would never have if EVH didn't show the world how... :roll:
Van Halen - Panama cover

Offline wickednelly

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
sana magconcert dito!!!
MUSIC SAVED MY LIFE.