hulika

Author Topic: Record store find...  (Read 1138 times)

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
Record store find...
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
Lately, I've been immersing my self into learning jazz. I've recently learned how to read music and been able to slowly apply them when reading music charts (as in dead beat slow). Still, I wanted to hear how they we're interpreted as stated in the books bibliography and I was advised the same by my teacher. Listening as we all know adds an important dimension to the music learning process.

Just last week I went inside Odyssey and unexpectedly I found some Jazz standard compilations. Best news is that its just 100 pesos. The tracks are excerpts from good records with complete personel information (eg My Ideal by Sonny Rollins and Autumn Leaves with Kenny Dorham). So for those who are in a similar learning situation like my self and are looking for ways to hear them songs, I encourage you to seek these bargains out  :-)
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Record store find...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:27:07 AM »
ahhh

akala ko VINYL record store ung nakita mo bro.

Offline rjtorres

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »
There's a guy here in Philmusic selling copies of old records and hard to find (or expensive) ones. I've actually bought some copies from him (sorry sa piracy - but I don't know where else to find those records!) - charlie parker, wes, joe pass.. and he has a wide collection of CD's.

If anyone is interested, I can PM his email to you.

To Ronald, if you see this, hope you don't mind me advertising. :)

Offline ekubalusabyan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »
very much interested sir

basociology@yahoo.com.ph
jaco