hulika

Author Topic: Drum Techs..  (Read 1098 times)

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
Drum Techs..
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
lets not forget about the unsung heroes. these are the guys that help our idols. they are the reason why our idols get to play such great gigs. anyway, who are your favorite drum techs? Are there drum techs here in the country?
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Drum Techs..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »
lets not forget about the unsung heroes. these are the guys that help our idols. they are the reason why our idols get to play such great gigs. anyway, who are your favorite drum techs? Are there drum techs here in the country?

I think Ocheltree is the best.

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 01:03:01 PM »
Yes jeff ocheltree! I also look up to Eric Disrude, "Ho" Baraquio, for setting up MP's big set.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:22:53 PM »
Another great drum tech is Lorne Wheaton, who is currently handling Neil Peart's elaborate equipment.

How about famous drummers who were once drum techs before they made it big...  Such as John Tempesta and Charlie Benante.

Yes, there are a few good drum techs here in the Philippines.  Though in many cases, roadies or P.A.s are multitaskers.  They do not only handle the drummer's equipment; they also take care of the other bandmembers' gear.

One local drum tech that I can think of is sir Toto, who's been long working for Mang Jun Regalado.

Offline simplypao

• Netizen Level
The DRUMTECH thread
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »
I was wondering if there are drumtechs here. If there are, share your stories about the life, memorable moments, annoying moments, the artist you tech on and different stuff that goes on behind the life of a drumtech.

*Topics Merged
Next time please make use of the SEARCH function before posting a new topic.
Thank you.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:25:46 PM by Akira JUMBO »