hulika

Author Topic: Virtual Barber Shop  (Read 1517 times)

LouieAzcona

Virtual Barber Shop
« on: July 15, 2008, 07:17:24 AM »

nakaka-aliw!  :-D

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Virtual Barber Shop
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:39:05 AM »
yes amazing, we heard this a year ago dito rin sa MT&PA
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:48:07 AM by stilljey »

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
Nakaka-kiliti !   :-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 08:46:12 AM »
LOL! @electric razor! unreal in a real sense hahaha

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »
grabe, it seemed so real, as in, i thought someone was speaking to my extreme left! HAHA weeeeeird

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »
it’s your garden variety binaural (though the script is pretty thoughtful!).  In fact, there are some binaural microphones out there in the market – Neumann has really nailed it in my opinion.

http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=ku100_description

The binaural head method is a pretty neat way of recording the world around us, but actually producing surround material from scratch that can be experienced in a headphone environment can be a bit trickier.  I’ve found a goofy work-around that you might consider:  I have in the past used the Lake Theaterphone (a TDM plugin in PT 5, and then a hardware device), which is designed to take 6 channels of input, and output to a stereo pair after applying a bit of psychoacoustic magic.  The result was that it was very listenable on a headphone mix, and simulated a surround feeling pretty darn well (this varied with the type of material I was using.  All I had to do at that point was to take the stereo output of the Theaterphone, record it back into Pro Tools, and pop it on a CD (back then we used CDs – remember those?).  It made for nice “surround” evaluation mixes for clients – as long as they were wearing headphones.

Cheers.

LouieAzcona

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:52:16 AM »
it’s your garden variety binaural (though the script is pretty thoughtful!).  In fact, there are some binaural microphones out there in the market – Neumann has really nailed it in my opinion.

http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=ku100_description

The binaural head method is a pretty neat way of recording the world around us, but actually producing surround material from scratch that can be experienced in a headphone environment can be a bit trickier.  I’ve found a goofy work-around that you might consider:  I have in the past used the Lake Theaterphone (a TDM plugin in PT 5, and then a hardware device), which is designed to take 6 channels of input, and output to a stereo pair after applying a bit of psychoacoustic magic.  The result was that it was very listenable on a headphone mix, and simulated a surround feeling pretty darn well (this varied with the type of material I was using.  All I had to do at that point was to take the stereo output of the Theaterphone, record it back into Pro Tools, and pop it on a CD (back then we used CDs – remember those?).  It made for nice “surround” evaluation mixes for clients – as long as they were wearing headphones.

Cheers.

So sa recording ng track na yun, pwedeng umiikot talaga yung tao sa mic?

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 07:32:06 AM »
Yep. But again, the illusion of this is only effective when listened on a headphone.