hulika

Author Topic: Electronic Practice Pad from Medeli  (Read 3178 times)

Offline forerunnermusic

Electronic Practice Pad from Medeli
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »

65 Percussion Voices and 6 Metronome Voices         

24 Rhythm Types       

Accuracy Exercise       

Rhythmic Notes       

Follow Me Function for Exercising Perfect Tempo       

60 Games for Learning and Playing       

Count Function       

Mix In Jack for Link and Audio Equipment       

Connectors: Kick, Hi-Hat Control, Hi-Hat, Phones
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Electronic Practice Pad from Medeli
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
price?

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »
got my ym hehe :wink:
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline phfreq

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
ayos 'to. nag-iisip na ako kumuha ng roland rmp5 kasi yung rmp5 pwede kabitan ng kick and hihat.. kaya lang walang hihat foot control. Based dun sa site, mukang pwede to. Sana may manual and video demo sa youtube.. Kung may sounds na rin ito, tapos may hihat and kick na, solve na to na minimalist kit -- basic na snare, hihat at kick.. ayos na ayos na portable kit :-)

http://www.medeli.com.hk/products/dd/dd-6.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:26:37 PM by phfreq »

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
for a bit more, you can get the DD-305 or DD-306 for more pads, MIDI & USB connectivity as well.
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline phfreq

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 01:36:06 AM »
for a bit more, you can get the DD-305 or DD-306 for more pads, MIDI & USB connectivity as well.

Ok din yung 305 & 306 kaya lang ang gusto ko sana eh ung primarily a practice/training tool  na pwedeng maging very basic set. Tamang tama ung dd6 sa description na yon assuming kaya nya yung hihat foot.

Ok din sana ung mga electronic kits kung merong parang "training software" na kapag kinabit mo ung electronic drums mo sa computer, mabibigyan ka ng feedback nung performance mo -- like ahead or behind or on the beat ka ba, or pwede din ilang measure papatayin nya yung clicks ng metronome tapos babalik after ng ilang measure and makikita mo kung in time ka pa rin, or yung gradually nag-iincrease then magdedecrease ung click to build your speed and endurance...

ooppss... OT na yang software.. he hehe..

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:07:30 AM »
You could connect the sound module to a computer Via MIDI or the USB port and run softwares like BFD.

there are also some play-along music where you could play with or take out the drum track.

you can edit the sound & assign different sound to any pad,

adjust the reverb of each drum sound,

mix drum and other percussion sounds across the pads.

adjust sensitivity of each pad..adjust panning of the pad in relation to the whole sound stage..

well, you just have to try it......let go of your expectations & focus on the possibilities...

Music. Our Passion.  

Offline phfreq

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »
Since I have no access to a medeli practice pad anywhere near me, I looked for the manual on their site. Didn't find it so I emailed their support / sales inquiry. And what do you know, I quickly got a response!

I asked for the manual then asked a couple of questions pertaining to what I want to use it for.

Here are some notes based on the answers I got from them:

-- There are six functions (Beat check, Balance, Pattern, Follow me, Gradual Up/Down, Count) in training mode. -- more or less the same features I am wanting from an rmp5
-- it accepts hihat foot controller. Basically, it can accept kick, hihat cymbal and hihat foot controller as triggers/inputs. It has 4 jacks at the rear panel -- hihat foot controller, kick pedal, hihat cymbal and the headphones out. The hihat and the kick pedals are however not velocity sensitive -- meaning they'll act just like an on-off switch, nothing in between. Not sure about the pads though. I'm assuming they are velocity sensitive. Once I get the manual I'll be able to confirm.
-- different sounds can be assigned to the kick and the hihat -- meaning the kick can be assigned to sound like a kick and the hihat can be assigned to sound like a hihat. I asked this just to be sure :-)

update:
I just received a copy of the manual. Good and fast support from Medeli folks.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:52:22 PM by phfreq »