hulika

Author Topic: Headphones to be used as monitor for Tracking Vocals  (Read 734 times)

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
Headphones to be used as monitor for Tracking Vocals
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
Good day! Tanong ko lang po if what kind of headphones are really great for monitoring when tracking vocals para po for the one who's singing. Does it need to be Flat? What are things I should check when purchasing Headphones intended for Vocals. Dami ko na po kasi na try mga Headphones but most of them adds color to the sound when you monitor. Any brands po na marecomend niyo na easy to find and afforadable? Salamat! :)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:35:05 PM by danleo »
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Headphones to be used as monitor for Tracking Vocals
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:51:25 PM »
well, budget issue again. sample lang, i'll start with a relatively cheap headphones.

if your budget is around P2k, well, the budget brand 'behringer' has good and sturdy headphones that are quite accurate and linear. I suggest HPX2000. Try these at an audio shop. Maybe it can give a good and clean sound that can pass your standards. Well, its an open type headphones that doesn't give any additional fizz on your sound.

If you can spend more on a headphone, AKG natural sounding acoustics/monitor and Sony MDRs are the most famous. These are P4k and above headphones.  :-P But it is definitely worth the price.

I hope it helps.  :-D
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu