hulika

Author Topic: Morbid Angel  (Read 1443 times)

Offline therus000

• Philmusicus Addictus
Morbid Angel
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:18:33 PM »
Well, I made this topic so that I may know what are your thoughts about the band Morbid Angel....

Well for me, I like Morbid Angel because their music is just soooo Kick ass...

Actually, I just discovered this band a few weeks ago and the first song I listened to them is called Maze of Torment and the song sure does makes my head go banging....

Damn, They rule...

How about you????... What are your thoughts to this band????

:-D
...Be the best that you can be...

Offline IncX

Re: Morbid Angel
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:39:40 AM »

definitely one of the pillars of modern death metal.

Demoooonnnsss!! attack!!! with hate!

Offline PanciteriA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:05:45 AM »
one of the best florida death metal band next to obituary
rock n'roll!!!!!!!

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
Angel of disease one who shuns the light
Shub Niggurath goat with one thousand young

Angel of Disease - first Morbid Angel song that caught my attention back around 1993 :-D

Offline Azathoth

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »
One of my favorite death metal bands, and perhaps the band that really got me into death metal back in college. The combination of Trey's otherwordly guitar playing, Pete's complete mastery of the drumkit, and Lovecraftian themes sealed the deal for me.

As for my favorite album from them, it's a tie between Covenant and Gateways to Annihilation. Their their slow, deliberate pace on Gateways further heightened the evil atmosphere...and Erik Rutan is the best second guitarist MA ever had, he absolutely smokes here!
efficiut daemones, ut quae non sunt, sic tamen quasi sint, conspicienda hominibus exhibeant

Offline PanciteriA

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 06:19:50 PM »
the invocation + chapel of ghouls from the album Abominations of Desolation sounds cool!!! play the intro backwards....I AM THE GOD OF GODS, I AM THE ANCIENT ONE......

Trey and richard brunelle's guitar work were wicked, pete's drumming, superb!!! but i dont think david vincent were involved on that album am i right? or he wasnt a member by that time.

rock n'roll!!!!!!!

Offline gorgo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »
pakingan mo sa kanila yung altar of madness na album ang tindi favorite ko dun chapel of ghouls. tapos isa pang gusto kong album sa kanila yung covenant malulupit na kanta dun rapture, angel of disease & god of emptiness  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: