hulika

Author Topic: Rick Wright (Pink Floyd) RIP  (Read 1426 times)

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
Rick Wright (Pink Floyd) RIP
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:06:28 AM »
:cry:

One of my favourite keyboard players of all time is gone. Thank you for "The Great Gig In The Sky." RIP Rick.

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

Re: Rick Wright (Pink Floyd) RIP
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:13 AM »
What a sad news, but he will be immortalized by his works.Pink floyd made a big impact on me as a music fan."Wish were here" Rick R.I.P .

Offline goff

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:26:54 AM »
Floyd and Rick have influenced many through the years and obviously David Gilmour. While many bands sound like take offs of the same sound, Floyd was in their own world...Many fans were hoping for a reunion of Floyd...
Here is a youtube clip. Rick sings and David plays a great solo. The whole band and recording is excellent.

feature=related

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 02:29:12 AM »
weren't they able to pull off a reunion a few years ago?

they managed to put roger waters and david gilmour on the same stage. it seems like matagal na silang bati eh.

anyway, rick wright...RIP.....beware of them flying pigs, they bite pretty nasty!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline goff

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 02:41:59 AM »

they managed to put roger waters and david gilmour on the same stage. it seems like matagal na silang bati eh.

anyway, rick wright...RIP.....beware of them flying pigs, they bite pretty nasty!

yeah Waters grated on Rick.. sure wish they played Manila...

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:38:29 AM »

Live 8 gig dude. I remember there was a discussion about that here when that happened.

Offline goff

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 01:58:04 PM »
Live From Abbey Road was rcently aired on cable sometime ago..You can see Rick with David here and his keyboards, including a Hammond: