hulika

Author Topic: RAM question  (Read 1616 times)

Offline mojahista

RAM question
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:57 AM »
Pwede ba pagsamahin yung DDR2 600Mhz & DDR2 800 Mhz na di magkakaproblem sa mobo? May avail kasi sa Cdr na mura 800Mhz gusto ko magupgrade.
Tnx

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: RAM question
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 11:24:18 PM »
alam ko basta may slot at compatible sa mobo, di magkakaproblema yun. :-D
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:06:58 PM »
yeah but you might as well buy a 600mhz one because the mobo recognizes the least mhz, so the 800mhz will only be read as 600mhz.

Offline bgomez

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
Don't worry about it, it will work well with each other. But as the earlier posters said, you won't be able to take advantage of the higher memory bandwidth that your new memory has. But, yes, they will work.

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 05:45:41 PM »
No one's experienced the sometimes-random quirkyness in pairing two different brands? Especially if one is generic? :lol:

There's some issue with mixing-and-matching, I believe. Like RAM-caused system freezes and BSoD's. Then you also get a perfect memtest86 result on the individual sticks, but NOT when they're together. :|

That's why I prefer buying paired sticks now.
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline bgomez

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 07:38:31 PM »
No one's experienced the sometimes-random quirkyness in pairing two different brands? Especially if one is generic? :lol:

There's some issue with mixing-and-matching, I believe. Like RAM-caused system freezes and BSoD's. Then you also get a perfect memtest86 result on the individual sticks, but NOT when they're together. :|

That's why I prefer buying paired sticks now.

I have once used a PQI stick with a generic one. It did act up for some time. But the duo lasted for more than 4 years. I just sold that same PC and I'd guess it would last for a very long time. :) although yes, they do happen, in some cases the problem generated by pairing up a branded and a generic RAM is serious that it will result to BSODs. :-)