hulika

Author Topic: Pedalboard direct to mixer question  (Read 1160 times)

Offline badbach66

Pedalboard direct to mixer question
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:36:33 AM »
I'm currently setting up my pedalboard (a former multieffects user) as a replacement for my multieffects,so I can customize my sound more. Isa sa main concern ko,should I include an amp/cab simulator in my setup? Kase madalas ko maencounter sa gigs, ung setup ng guitar, hindi naka-mic ang amp, naka-directbox ung guitar straight to mixer. Which usually makes stomps (especially Boss dirt pedals) sound tinny & trebly, kase nga wala na ung tonal qualities ng amp.. I'm also saving for a high-end distortion pedal but, having no experience with them, I can only speculate on what their sound will be in the same situation.I'm thinking of getting a Behringer sansamp clone for this purpose only... Help naman sa mga long-time pedalboard users diyan!  :-D
References: masterchoxter, turigiliano, Gibson78, akellefusion, jetleebog, Drew_Asuncion, jonathan_dead, chester_uy, pao2pao16, obetski, deadlifted, 2joeross, Iommifan, chromeknive, etc...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=361241

Offline Kulas

Re: Pedalboard direct to mixer question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »
you definitely need to have an amp/cab sim handy. wag ka na mag-behringer, hehe. go sansamp ka na. konting ipon lang for a better item. ok yung GDI21 as a distortion pedal, pero as an amp/cab sim, medyo kulang sha sa headroom. di ko pa na-try yung sansamp GT-2 (which is the direct translation of the GDI21) pero gamit ko yung tri-ac. ayos naman.

Offline guitbox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:41:31 AM »
@kulas
sir, rekta ka ren ba sa mixer via your tri-ac?

coz, i'm trying to remember your sound during the Kingdom Worship celebration.  if it were your tri-ac i heard, then it is pretty good.
My passion comes from my Jesus...

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:53:35 AM »
palagay ko sa church lang nakasansamp si kulas. who would use a sansamp with either a fender blues deluxe or a fender super reverb during the kingdom worship.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »
Another suggestment would be a Barber Barb E.Q.

Nagulat ako nung nag-rekta ako with a Fulltone OCD and a DOD active DI with cab simulator. Sounded pretty nice.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline Stratzkiboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
Sansamp Tri AC is the way to go....  3 programmable tones 3 cabinet/amp models!!!

Sorry medyo OT:

Question lang sa mga direct box users??!!

I plan to plug my TRI AC into the Return loop of my Church's amp and plug my Direct Box (naka patch sa mixer) into the Send Loop. Tapos parang monitor ko na lang yung amp pero lumalabas pa rin sa house yung tunog. Possible ba 'to?

Parang

Input:

Guitar>>Sansamp>>Return of AMP

Output:

Send of AMP>> Direct Box>>Mixer

THanks!! Sana makatulong sa thread starter ang tanong

hehehe..

:-D

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »
Sansamp Tri AC is the way to go....  3 programmable tones 3 cabinet/amp models!!!

Sorry medyo OT:

Question lang sa mga direct box users??!!

I plan to plug my TRI AC into the Return loop of my Church's amp and plug my Direct Box (naka patch sa mixer) into the Send Loop. Tapos parang monitor ko na lang yung amp pero lumalabas pa rin sa house yung tunog. Possible ba 'to?

Parang

Input:

Guitar>>Sansamp>>Return of AMP

Output:

Send of AMP>> Direct Box>>Mixer

THanks!! Sana makatulong sa thread starter ang tanong

hehehe..

:-D

hmmm how many outputs does the tri-ac have? kasi by the looks of it, di pwede yung plan mo (based on your diagram). when you plug into the return of an amp, you automatically disable the section before it, hence, nothing will come out of the send of the amp.

if you're using something that has 2 outputs (an output and xlr for example), use one to go to the board then the other to the amp for your monitor.

Offline Stratzkiboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »

hmmm how many outputs does the tri-ac have? kasi by the looks of it, di pwede yung plan mo (based on your diagram). when you plug into the return of an amp, you automatically disable the section before it, hence, nothing will come out of the send of the amp.

if you're using something that has 2 outputs (an output and xlr for example), use one to go to the board then the other to the amp for your monitor.

Thanks!! Will start a new thread regarding this...