hulika

Author Topic: patikim ng Sisig...  (Read 1318 times)

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
patikim ng Sisig...
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:59:14 AM »
... di pa tapos. just rough mixes of some new songs from my band, Sisig:

hey teacher
pagtatalo
luna
mindanao

comments and suggestions welkam. :biggrin:

Offline martine_angela

patikim ng Sisig...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »
i just listened to your band's (chicken sisig) "patikim".

i liked the songs--- luna and mindanao. hey teacher is also okay...

your vocalist sounds good, and though, i am not a guitarist--- i think magaling umadlib yong guitarist and he played his parts clean enough. parang hindi ko narinig yong tunog ng keyboard (sorry, pero wala ba kayong keyboardist?). yong usual set up din kasi ng napapanood kong rock bands are mostly made up of a drummer, a bassist and guitarists plus the lead vocalist (either playing rhythm guitar or not).

sa song na luna, may line akong napansin na medyo mas lamang na naging tunog ng word na "sobra", instead of "o" parang nagiging "u" if you listen to the song closely--- my suggestion is that whether the vocalist has an accent or not (parang wala naman dahil hindi ko naman narinig sa ibang songs nyo), siguro, when you pronounce the word "sobra", try not to close your mouth too much--- enunciate na lang siguro- so-bra. ito yong line na "yakap na sobra ang higpit..." (0:50).

i loved the sound of the instruments played during the start of the song sa mindanao. may pagka ethnic ang dating.... pde sigurong ulitin sa ending ng song? what do you think? what about you guys? and siguro lagyan ng kaunting back-up vocals? pde kaya?

regards to your band. as for me- i think you'll make it big.

good luck! :wink:
bonjour tout le monde!Ü

bienvenue!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
patikim ng Sisig...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 04:36:29 PM »
Quote from: martine_angela
your vocalist sounds good, and though, i am not a guitarist--- i think magaling umadlib yong guitarist and he played his parts clean enough. parang hindi ko narinig yong tunog ng keyboard (sorry, pero wala ba kayong keyboardist?). yong usual set up din kasi ng napapanood kong rock bands are mostly made up of a drummer, a bassist and guitarists plus the lead vocalist (either playing rhythm guitar or not).

thanks po. wala po kaming keyboardist. 2 guitars lang po. ako po yung isa.

sa song na luna, may line akong napansin na medyo mas lamang na naging tunog ng word na "sobra", instead of "o" parang nagiging "u" if you listen to the song closely--- my suggestion is that whether the vocalist has an accent or not (parang wala naman dahil hindi ko naman narinig sa ibang songs nyo), siguro, when you pronounce the word "sobra", try not to close your mouth too much--- enunciate na lang siguro- so-bra. ito yong line na "yakap na sobra ang higpit..." (0:50).

thanks sa suggestment. will tell JC the vocalist. :D
i loved the sound of the instruments played during the start of the song sa mindanao. may pagka ethnic ang dating.... pde sigurong ulitin sa ending ng song? what do you think? what about you guys? and siguro lagyan ng kaunting back-up vocals? pde kaya?

thanks again. we never really paid too much attention to the arrangements. we just recorded what we play live. we'll give it a try.

thanks ulit! :biggrin:

Offline magz

wow...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:10 PM »
very cool songz...

very throw back sounds...

parang jeproks na hard rock na very teeth-ish.... he he in a good way..

juan de lacruz meets randy rhoads..........or tommy iommi...

keep it up...
 :D

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: wow...
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »
Quote from: magz
very cool songz...

very throw back sounds...

parang jeproks na hard rock na very teeth-ish.... he he in a good way..

juan de lacruz meets randy rhoads..........or tommy iommi...

thanks!! me and cd928 (the guitar players) are big hair metal fans and we were definitely going for an early 80's sound but wanted to keep it boneheaded and pinoy. we're even using the darkness' permission to land as reference for guitar tones. :mrgreen: