hulika

Author Topic: Help naman po sa midi recording...  (Read 694 times)

Offline jepoy_0930

Help naman po sa midi recording...
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:49:47 PM »
Good day mga masters!!! I bought M-Audio USB uno midi to usb interface I already installed the software but still hindi ko parin ma connect ung keyboard ko. X5 ung keyboard ko. Is there any compatibility issue bettween the usb interface and keyboard? Thanks...
Gusto ko maging LOLO si AYA_YUSON!!!

reycantong

Re: Help naman po sa midi recording...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
Good day mga masters!!! I bought M-Audio USB uno midi to usb interface I already installed the software but still hindi ko parin ma connect ung keyboard ko. X5 ung keyboard ko. Is there any compatibility issue bettween the usb interface and keyboard? Thanks...

We need to know what DAW or software you are using kasi nandun ang settings ng midi. For example kung gagamitin mo yung X5 as controller for a certain Virtual Instrument, may settings sa software where you'll choose what midi port you'll be using for that certain virtual instrument.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Help naman po sa midi recording...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:46:24 PM »
go to windows control panel > system > hardware > device manager > sound, and video game controllers to see if the m audio midi device is listed. make sure that the usb connection is secure, and is also connected to the midi input of the korg x5.  the m audio interface led will light up when responding to midi messages transmitted from the x5.  assuming you are using windows xp.
also check the x5 manual for examples of how to connect your keyboard to other midi devices.  also i think there is a small switch at the back. make sure it is set to MIDI not PC or MAC.

m audio midi out > korg x5 midi in.
m audio midi in > korg x5 midi out.
make sure that the x5 global channel is set to 1.
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM