hulika

Author Topic: Guitar player Combination for Megadeth  (Read 2321 times)

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
Guitar player Combination for Megadeth
« on: December 16, 2006, 02:30:43 PM »
Grabe..maghapon akong nanood ng youtube sa office..hehehhehe and I focused sa mga megadeth clips..

IMO..the current lead guitar player of Megadeth is kinda weak and not so impressive.

As I read the whole [gooey brown stuff] history of Megadeth..alam natin ang daming naging guitar player nila..(including the AUditions)...Nag isip lang ako kung si ganito ang naging lead guitar player ng Megadeth..anong magiging direction kaya nila..

LOT OF PEOPLE SAYS that Friedman and Mustaine is the best line up for the guitar department of Megadeth.

WHO REALLY FITS FOR DAVE MUSTAINE GUITAR playing....

Here are the Choices.

Jeff Water of Annihilator (I think nsa shortlist sya ng Megadeth)

Darrel Abott of Pantera (we all know that Dimebag rejected his joining for Megadeth kung hindi maisasama sa line up ng Megadeth si VINNIE PAUL).

Chris Poland...(jazzmaster..one of the best sounding guitar player of Megadeth..in my Opinion)

Kerry King of Slayer ( I think Kerry's lead guitar playing ability will fit to "some" of Megadeth tracks)

Al Pitrelli of Savatage (I think He is GOOD but doing the back up vocals is not impressive thing).

Marty (the Japon guy) magaling itong mag muscle control este Melodic COntrol pala.

Sino ang combination nyo and WHy?

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitar player Combination for Megadeth
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 04:35:58 PM »
kinda weak and not so impressive??

baka di mo kilala si Glen Drover.  ang banda nya talaga Eidolon bago siya kinuha ni Dave.  di kukunin ni Mustaine yan kung di yan magaling considering the fact na ang gagaling ng previous guitarists ng Megadeth.  kinuha rin siya ni King Diamond sa House Of God album.  kung ako sayo try mo muna pakinggan albums ng Eidolon para malaman mo kung "kinda weak and not so impressive" talaga siya

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »

eto panuorin mo Guitar World lesson kasama dito si Glen Drover, Mustaine, Mark Morton and Willie Adler ng LOG, Mike Ammott tsaka both guitarists ng Trivium

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 05:15:44 PM »
kinda weak and not so impressive??

baka di mo kilala si Glen Drover.  ang banda nya talaga Eidolon bago siya kinuha ni Dave.  di kukunin ni Mustaine yan kung di yan magaling considering the fact na ang gagaling ng previous guitarists ng Megadeth.  kinuha rin siya ni King Diamond sa House Of God album.  kung ako sayo try mo muna pakinggan albums ng Eidolon para malaman mo kung "kinda weak and not so impressive" talaga siya

Its my opinion BRO..your correct I need to listen more EIDOLON sounds..so that I could properly check the ability and style of GLEN DROVER...In short di ako gaanong acqainted sa music ng EIDOLOn..hehehehehhe

Sanay kasi ako sa mga lead guitar player na very flashy ang move at ang lakas stage charisma yung tipong pagtayo pa lang sa stage ay alam mong MALUPIT at Mabangis..

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:28 AM »
Marty Friedman & Chris Poland both fit perfectly w/ Mustaine's playing style.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 03:05:13 AM »
freidman is my favorite. high speed dirt roxx my soxx.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 03:18:48 AM »
freidman is my favorite. high speed dirt roxx my soxx.

+ 1
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline sleepsus

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 03:51:17 AM »
Sanay kasi ako sa mga lead guitar player na very flashy ang move at ang lakas stage charisma yung tipong pagtayo pa lang sa stage ay alam mong MALUPIT at Mabangis..

like CUSHE?  :-D

still Friedman for me
Y!M: sleep_ym

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 07:05:05 AM »
It's a little bit biased, but I'd go with the Friedman/Mustaine combo.

I was fortunate to see 'deth on the Youthanasia tour.  The Friedman/Mustaine/Ellefson/Menza lineup still had to be my favorite one of all especially since Rust In Peace is now in the classic thrash metal canon.

It was also my first ever major concert when I moved to the US.  It was also good that Corrosion of Conformity opened for them.  Swak na swak yung band lineup para sa akin.  I also can't believe that was more than 10 years ago for me.

Offline MegadethsuckS

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 05:11:56 PM »
This is by far the worst lineup of Megadeth, or at least tied with the Pitrelli/Degrasso/Ellefson period. So what do you expect of the guitarists' chemistry. Although we'll have to see the next album.

Not to say that the Mustaine/Friedman lineup was any good.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 12:44:29 AM »
Not to say that the Mustaine/Friedman lineup was any good.
Well, judging from your nick you would still think Megadeth would suck no matter what lineup they had.