hulika

Author Topic: Laptop Suggestions  (Read 3177 times)

Offline istipen

Laptop Suggestions
« on: January 27, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »
Mga sir...

My friend's looking for a laptop na ok din daw for gaming...
20k daw yung budget. kaso medyo maselan sya.. ayaw daw nya yung mabilis uminit pero since for gaming din, mukhang hindi ok yung SSD yung storage...

Any insights?

Salamat po

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Laptop Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »
Mga sir...

My friend's looking for a laptop na ok din daw for gaming...
20k daw yung budget. kaso medyo maselan sya.. ayaw daw nya yung mabilis uminit pero since for gaming din, mukhang hindi ok yung SSD yung storage...

Any insights?

Salamat po

Laptop?

20k?

gaming?

malabo pre...net laptops lang ang nabebenta ng 20k ngayon e...

he should start at 30k...yan, dadami options nya jan..
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline istipen

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
he should start at 30k...yan, dadami options nya jan..

hehe... bali she sya...
Salamat sir sa reply... anu ano naman po yung mga options na ok?
hindi naman highend talaga yung hanap yung tamang decent lang...

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
i suggest Lang ha.. aLienware

On the time of superstition man created God.. On the time of greed man created War.. -makLoy-

Offline bgomez

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 06:13:49 AM »
You can't get a decent Gaming Laptop with only 20K.

I think the basic Alienware, I think is about 80-100K.

Gaming is also very hard on a laptop since they almost always have integrated graphics processors that are really wimpy.

For gaming, I'd still say buy a desktop. You can assemble a decent gaming desktop for your friend's budget.  :-)

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »
You can't get a decent Gaming Laptop with only 20K.

I think the basic Alienware, I think is about 80-100K.

Gaming is also very hard on a laptop since they almost always have integrated graphics processors that are really wimpy.

For gaming, I'd still say buy a desktop. You can assemble a decent gaming desktop for your friend's budget.  :-)

yeah.. around 100K..

and i reaLLy don't suggest using your Laptop for draining the batteries on games..

baka masira kaagad keyboard..

On the time of superstition man created God.. On the time of greed man created War.. -makLoy-

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
^alin yung parang dalawang nerds na tumatambay dito sa starbucks sa baba ng office namin...naka laptop tapos naglalaro lang ng dota lolz..nakaka ulol nga ang sarap kutusan..
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:58:31 PM »
^alin yung parang dalawang nerds na tumatambay dito sa starbucks sa baba ng office namin...naka laptop tapos naglalaro lang ng dota lolz..nakaka ulol nga ang sarap kutusan..
parang ganyan nga.. heheheh

Offline bgomez

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 06:13:04 AM »
it's pretty useless using a laptop for gaming. they heat up really fast, they run out of juice very fast. and they're really just too expensive compared to a regular desktop.

Offline Hunchbuckers

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
Dont buy HP Pavilion series mine got busted for overheating. Sira agad sayang pera. This laptop is pure waste of money- fan problem, graphics card problem, wont last an hour on its battery, full multimedia but cant play video coz it overheats and shuts down by itself. Beware youre forewarned be wise ask around

Offline bgomez

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
Dont buy HP Pavilion series mine got busted for overheating. Sira agad sayang pera. This laptop is pure waste of money- fan problem, graphics card problem, wont last an hour on its battery, full multimedia but cant play video coz it overheats and shuts down by itself. Beware youre forewarned be wise ask around

I've heard similar horror stories from friends about HP.

I've also talked to a technician in one of the popular PC parts and laptop seller about brand problems.

He told me that NEO is known for faulty optical drive.

While some Asus laptops have weak hinges. Yes, I can attest to this, since I have one and had the same problem, while I was returning my Laptop for repair to the store, since it's still under warranty, another costumer has just received his Asus EEE pc , back from repair. Same problem. Faulty hinge.

So far, since I had my laptop's hinger repaired I have not had any problem with it.

My Mom uses Dell Laptops, and she always complains that the keys get broken and the makers get erased rather easily.

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
How about Acer my friends,any issues?so far ito ang gamit ko Acer 5570
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline bgomez

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 12:42:46 PM »
How about Acer my friends,any issues?so far ito ang gamit ko Acer 5570

Acer seems to be very popular because of its price. they're really giving so much "bang" for every buck.

I have yet to really hear a specific issue with Acer laptops. But I asked a couple of programmers and consultants about it. I told them that I'm thinking of buying a laptop and Acer and ASUS are my choices for some odd reason, they all told me to get ASUS, as they are just tougher. But they never mentioned any issue that Acer laptops have.

As for your specific laptop model. I've been in other forums that some units have BIOS problems. This results to the malfuntioning of your keyboard and some other stuff. if this is not happening to you than I guess your unit is safe. :)

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »
Acer seems to be very popular because of its price. they're really giving so much "bang" for every buck.

I have yet to really hear a specific issue with Acer laptops. But I asked a couple of programmers and consultants about it. I told them that I'm thinking of buying a laptop and Acer and ASUS are my choices for some odd reason, they all told me to get ASUS, as they are just tougher. But they never mentioned any issue that Acer laptops have.

As for your specific laptop model. I've been in other forums that some units have BIOS problems. This results to the malfuntioning of your keyboard and some other stuff. if this is not happening to you than I guess your unit is safe. :)

thank u very much mr PC smith for the info,i really appreciate the feed.so far my aspire 5570 works properly
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline manaeater

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »
5570 din gamit kong ACER. So far, nakakalaro pa naman ako ng Hellgate:London (medium to low), F.E.A.R (medium), and Dreamcast Emulator. So far, oks naman siyang pang gaming kung matitiyagaan mo yung low settings. Di ko talagang pwedeng masagad.  :-D
Clothing line is now up! visit us at www.civvielizeclothing.com and
civvielizeclothing.multiply.com
 Food Blog @ www.betweenthehungryandme.tk

Offline bgomez

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »
Integrated Graphics really suck.  :oops:

Offline manaeater

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
Integrated Graphics really suck.  :oops: