hulika

Author Topic: problems with hercules 1612 firewire interface  (Read 1297 times)

Offline sonuhj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
problems with hercules 1612 firewire interface
« on: October 24, 2009, 12:59:29 AM »
I installed this interface to my acer aspire 4710 and followed the intructions on the manual but my sonar 4 couldn't detect it.
Ng download na ko latest driver, same thing di pa rin madetect,pero pag open ko fw control it was there. I open the sounds and audio devices and click audio,it wasn't there but,when i click hardware it was there..HELP NAMAN PO PLEASE...

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
Re: problems with hercules 1612 firewire interface
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 01:39:02 AM »
ah ok, nakabili ka na pala.

it could be many things to tell you the truth. the most common problem and the problem i initially encountered with mine before i figured it out is your windows config.

Offline sonuhj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:42:54 AM »
no sir hindi pa pinahiram lang saken to..can you help me how to make it work?it gives me headaches ha ha ha..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:47:35 AM by sonuhj »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »
In this other forum I mod in, mention the name Hercules and one particular member replies with all the characters you can type in with the caps lock engaged on the number keys at the top row. Yes, his experience with Guillemot/Hercules has not been a good one.

If I were you, I'd use something more user friendly.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
In this other forum I mod in, mention the name Hercules and one particular member replies with all the characters you can type in with the caps lock engaged on the number keys at the top row. Yes, his experience with Guillemot/Hercules has not been a good one.

If I were you, I'd use something more user friendly.

I think the main issue/problem with the hercules card is actually not hercules' fault. the firewire drivers/support on windows xp is really screwed up. when I figured out a workaround for my XP installation, the hercules worked great and issue free. :-)

Offline sonuhj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »
I think the main issue/problem with the hercules card is actually not hercules' fault. the firewire drivers/support on windows xp is really screwed up. when I figured out a workaround for my XP installation, the hercules worked great and issue free. :-)
can you please give some idea how to make it work?thanks..

Offline sonuhj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
for those of you who knows how to make it work with xp sp2 please help..