hulika

Author Topic: squier made  (Read 1623 times)

Offline melvinvidal

• Netizen Level
squier made
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »
saang squier maganda ang pagkagawa? sa india? korea? o indonesia?
anong series po ba ang ok? hindi pa kasi ako familiar sa mga series? yung affinity? MII? pls. help me with this. tnx

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
Re: squier made
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:02:57 PM »
I think all Squier guitars today are Indonesia made. Yung mga jap made, mga vintage na ata yun eh.

Offline trinch

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »
try mong maghanap ng 84 - 87 na squire...  :-D

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:45:36 PM »
I think all Squier guitars today are Indonesia made. Yung mga jap made, mga vintage na ata yun eh.
actually not all, there are some made in india, china and of course the above mentioned. and the discontinued models are from either Japan which were the 1st ones and then from Korea.

IMO

the best squiers out there are the ones made in japan, then the Korean models but as far as my memory serves me, there are plywood Korean Squiers. I've tried indians...meh...not so good, china made squiers of late are actually decent IMO, and indonesian models for me are of the best among those i've tried, but of course some would disagree, my opinions lang naman. but like most entry level guitars, they tend to be hit or miss when it comes to quality (be it looks or sound), you really have to try them out for yourself and be the judge. my suggestion would be to get a japanese squier rather getting the newer ones if you can find any, try checking out the Classified for them Old Squiers :-)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:47:08 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
actually not all, there are some made in india, china and of course the above mentioned. and the discontinued models are from either Japan which were the 1st ones and then from Korea.

IMO

the best squiers out there are the ones made in japan, then the Korean models but as far as my memory serves me, there are plywood Korean Squiers. I've tried indians...meh...not so good, china made squiers of late are actually decent IMO, and indonesian models for me are of the best among those i've tried, but of course some would disagree, my opinions lang naman. but like most entry level guitars, they tend to be hit or miss when it comes to quality (be it looks or sound), you really have to try them out for yourself and be the judge. my suggestion would be to get a japanese squier rather getting the newer ones if you can find any, try checking out the Classified for them Old Squiers :-)

Hirap na rin kasi mag hanap talaga ng Japan made eh. But I also agree. Japanese made squier is the best.  :-)

Offline vin12

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
Hirap na rin kasi mag hanap talaga ng Japan made eh. But I also agree. Japanese made squier is the best.  :-)
yup. kahit japanese copy :-D
Sit back and relax
Since '07

Offline trinch

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 05:10:13 PM »

tyempuhan! :)

may nakita ako nung nakaraang araw na dun sa korean-japan thrift shop malapit samin. 12K pede pang tawaran!  kaso nabili agad :-D

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
tyempuhan! :)

may nakita ako nung nakaraang araw na dun sa korean-japan thrift shop malapit samin. 12K pede pang tawaran!  kaso nabili agad :-D

Sayang.  :-D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »
saang squier maganda ang pagkagawa? sa india? korea? o indonesia?
anong series po ba ang ok? hindi pa kasi ako familiar sa mga series? yung affinity? MII? pls. help me with this. tnx

the best Squiers, in my opinion, are the Vintage Modifieds and Classic Vibes. made in China pero maganda ang quality control. i've been reading a lot of raves that it can compete against MIM Fenders.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40:16 AM »
just to add info, the Vintage modifieds i've seen are made in India, haven't seen MIC VM's. i agree, looks/aesthetics wise, lamang ang Vintage Modifieds at ang Classic Vibe, BUT the VM's i've tried were....well..they felt and sounded dull IMO, i've tried the ones @ Yamaha/Yupangco MOA and @ Robinson's galleria. but haven't tried Classic Vibes. though i agree, looks/aesthetics wise, ganda talaga ng itsura ng mga mga VM's and CV's. :-D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:42:39 AM by shodawmoon »

Offline fred

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »
I have a Vintage Modified Strat and it's made in India--not China.
I tested the VM with a California Strat in PPitch and the VM sounded better to my ears and felt better in my hands. Personal preference lang naman.
Singapore Tours start at US$ 130 per person
for 3 Days and 2 Nights until Dec. 2013.  Hong-Kong Tours start at US$98 per person. PM me please. =)

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »
the best Squiers, in my opinion, are the Vintage Modifieds and Classic Vibes. made in China pero maganda ang quality control. i've been reading a lot of raves that it can compete against MIM Fenders.

Have you tried the JV and E series of the Squier? You might change your mind :wink:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
just to add info, the Vintage modifieds i've seen are made in India, haven't seen MIC VM's. i agree, looks/aesthetics wise, lamang ang Vintage Modifieds at ang Classic Vibe, BUT the VM's i've tried were....well..they felt and sounded dull IMO, i've tried the ones @ Yamaha/Yupangco MOA and @ Robinson's galleria. but haven't tried Classic Vibes. though i agree, looks/aesthetics wise, ganda talaga ng itsura ng mga mga VM's and CV's. :-D

maybe they changed the production from China to India. the old ones were from China.