hulika

Author Topic: worth fixing?  (Read 743 times)

Offline hojitski

• Philmusicus Noobitus
worth fixing?
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:03:31 AM »

have an SX amp (10w) which was included in the guitar package for about a year now. this past days, sobra hina ng volume nya. so my tendency is to crank up the volume, ganun pa din. tapos, lalakasan ko ng strum (sa inis) then mag-wo-work uli sya, sobra lakas naman... :mrgreen:

questions po:
1. madali lang ba i-fix un?
2. is it worth it? how much kaya?
3. or is it better to save up and buy a new amp?

thanks po!

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: worth fixing?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »
1. Yes, mabye. Take it to a good electronics shop. Or maybe some guys here can offer to fix it for you.

2. Why not? If you like the amp, then go for it. Hindi naman siguro aabutin ng 500 pesos.

3. Yes. If you have the money to buy a new and better amp, wag mo na ipagawa. If you're still saving up, I guess it's up to you kung ipapagawa mo para may nagagamit ka kahit papano while waiting for some funds to get a new amp.  :-)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:09:47 AM by cayle »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
3. or is it better to save up and buy a new amp?

this.  no discussion needed.  invest on something worth investing on.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »
Dali lang ayusiin yan. I can teach you to do it. And give you a caveat as well.

Last time I checked, the minimum charge of Mang Raul for labor is 700. Baka nga mas mataas na ngayon. So if he opens that and puts lighter fluid on the volume pot, and cleans the jack, thats how much he will charge you.

So you decide. Frankly tho, that thing is nothing more than a toy. You should set your sights on upgradiing soon.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
Check your cables din bro. Since package yan, i'm assuming you're also using the cable that came with the package? minsan kasi maeencounter mo rin yung ganyang problema only to find out na wala sa amp yung problema. Baka nasa cable pala or sa input jack ng gitara. Try a different cable kung ganun pa rin.