hulika

Author Topic: NGD Greenfield G1  (Read 1529 times)

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
NGD Greenfield G1
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:25:25 PM »

Greenfield G1 Lutz spruce top... Brazilian rosewood back and sides w/ Laskin arm rest :-D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 10:27:50 PM by farseer »

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: NGD Greenfield G1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »

Greenfield G1 Lutz spruce top... Brazilian rosewood back and sides w/ Laskin arm rest :-D

Congrats... sarap nyan...  :evil:

Offline GuitarFox

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »

You are on a roll Doc.

Peace.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »

Likod palang ulam na.. yummy and lovely acoustic sir..  :-)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:55:01 AM »
congrats!
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
WOW.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
You are on a roll Doc.

Peace.

Just like you :-D

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:39:44 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:09:21 PM by farseer »

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
The pics I posted are a bit dull... the Calton is blue not black, haha... for better pics you can check these fabulous stores...http://www.theacousticmusicco.co.uk/ , luthiers collection

My greenfields pix are featured in both sites...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:33:40 PM by farseer »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »
I was supposed to get a Kevin Ryan Cathedral cedar/braz... when the guitar was being packed, the store proprietor saw a lot of red in the wood... called KR and found out its cocobolo instead of braz... Since the cash has been wired already, I asked him to give me other options... It was between An Ed Claxton EM adi/braz and this Greenfield... Would have loved the Claxton, but I have a similar Applegate...So I went w/ the G1

Can't go wrong with either one! Let me know how the G1 works for you. I've been considering a G4 for a while.

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:14:32 PM »
Can't go wrong with either one! Let me know how the G1 works for you. I've been considering a G4 for a while.

I got the guitar w/ 11s... It was very responsive w/  good clarity, but a bit thin... changed it awhile ago w/ 12s and the tone improved... its good for fingerstyle, jazz, light strumming... its not very loud, but the trebles sing... I would prefer a G2 sana, for more aggressive style

The G4 must really be nice... I dont think he still use braz for that model though... and the wait time is 2-3 yrs... I feel that Greenfields sound similar to Bashkins... you'll save a lot on Bashkins, almost 50% I think... And w/ that price range, consider Olson, Wingert, Claxton, etc...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 03:14:18 AM »
I got the guitar w/ 11s... It was very responsive w/  good clarity, but a bit thin... changed it awhile ago w/ 12s and the tone improved... its good for fingerstyle, jazz, light strumming... its not very loud, but the trebles sing... I would prefer a G2 sana, for more aggressive style

The G4 must really be nice... I dont think he still use braz for that model though... and the wait time is 2-3 yrs... I feel that Greenfields sound similar to Bashkins... you'll save a lot on Bashkins, almost 50% I think... And w/ that price range, consider Olson, Wingert, Claxton, etc...

yeah, Mike can do Braz on the G4. last time i checked in late 2009 it was 3 yrs for the wait time. i inquired on the braz wood and he didn't have enough for a G4 though if i did a G1/G2, it'd be sufficient. i want the Novax on it as well.

i prefer larger bodied acoustics and the G4 works well for my playing style. I mainly play in alternate tunings and the big body and long scale of the G4 suits me well.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:16:12 AM by abyssinianson »

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 09:00:12 AM »
If your going w/ fan fret/novax... best bet would be a greenfield or a traugott... if he doesnt have braz that will fit, macassar ebony is a nice alternative for jumbos

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »
better pix from the acoustic music company

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »
nice farseer... Ervin is next.. :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
galing, nahanap ko sa ibang store pix nun greenfield :-D :-D :-D

sana nga mag dilang anghel ka... baka kelangan ko magdispose para maka somogyi tayo

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »
yeah, Mike can do Braz on the G4. last time i checked in late 2009 it was 3 yrs for the wait time. i inquired on the braz wood and he didn't have enough for a G4 though if i did a G1/G2, it'd be sufficient. i want the Novax on it as well.

i prefer larger bodied acoustics and the G4 works well for my playing style. I mainly play in alternate tunings and the big body and long scale of the G4 suits me well.

Theres a used Mustaspick multicsale german/braz 7400 lang asking :-)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »
Theres a used Mustaspick multicsale german/braz 7400 lang asking :-)

thanks for the tip.