hulika

Author Topic: Kindly help me. pls!  (Read 2563 times)

Offline cymon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Kindly help me. pls!
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:46 PM »
Maraming salamat Po!, Bago lang po ako dito......Gusto ko po lamang itanong kung anong programs(sofware for midi player for SVQ) sa Computer ang pwedeng mag play ng SVQ file Midi. at yung galing sa Roland MC 50 na song file.
MAraming maraming salamat po sa lahat ng tutulong. :D

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »
ung svq yata ang format ng xp80.

nakuha ko ito sa internet:

: Can anyone tell me how to convert Roland SVQ to Midi!!!

: Please!!!

Hello. You can load the svq into your keyboard, choose disk, save, change where it says "song" to mid (either format 0 or 1) and save it like that. I have a Xp80, what are you using. It should be the same.       "

ung mc format songs/sequences  with .sng extension naman could be converted to midifile format (.mid extension) by using a mc50 mark 11, mc80 sequencer or loading it into an xp80/xp60 diskdrive or using ung midifile converter na disk for the mc50.
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 02:19:10 PM »
Doesn't the MC-50 have the capability to save to midi 0 format files?

There is a workaround, load the file into the MC-50 and midi that up to a pc with sequencing software and record the midi output of the MC. I do that all the time with my X3 especially when I only sequence with its onboard sequencer (which is great for noodling around without having to boot the pc). I use both Sonar and Cubase but I like Cubase's Dissolve Part function. In Sonar, you have to run the Split Channels to Tracks.cal function which is practically the same as Dissolve Parts.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
the original mc50 as well as the mc500 and mc500 mk 2 hardware sequencers did not have a built in capability to save .sng files to .mid
format. there was a system disk for this. yung mrm500 (midifle converter)

yung mc50 mk 2 saka yung jv1000 finally had a built in capability to open and to save to midifile format.

as for playing the mc50 and "catching" it with cakewalk entails that you slave the mc50 via midi clock to cakewalk and make sure you record it at 96ticks per sec.  tapos you have to requantize back to fit into the bar lines.

or you just record it and lose the alignment to the bar lines...

yeah both will work.....

nga pala i also have that system disk. public domain na yata yan kasi
its also available as a download....

hmmm na where did i put that blasted disk.....
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 05:00:47 PM »
Quote from: 3650guy
as for playing the mc50 and "catching" it with cakewalk entails that you slave the mc50 via midi clock to cakewalk and make sure you record it at 96ticks per sec.  tapos you have to requantize back to fit into the bar lines.

or you just record it and lose the alignment to the bar lines...

As long as cakewalk or cubase is set to slave to midi sync, the notes will follow the measure:bar:beats alignment. You don't have to quantize anything as long as the original sequence was tight anyway. You also don't have to change the PPQN (parts per quarter note or ticks) setting in cakewalk; that's only the internal resolution of the MC50. You CAN change the resolution before recording but if your playback engine will be cakewalk, it's ok to leave the resolution at the default setting (480 ppqn). One thing you cannot do: change the resolution after the midi file has been recorded - try it and watch your midi file either speed up or slow down (I think it's a bug, should not be the case).
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline cymon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
SVQ/ song file
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:41:37 PM »
Master KitC and 3650guy, maraming salamt po sa reply. i used XP 80 roland sa bahay at may mga MC50 file pa ako na di ko pa na i convert sa Format 0 or format 1. Gusto  ko po sanang i edit  yung mga file ko na SVQ at song file sa PC pero wala po akong nakitang program na mag play sa PC. Now alam ko nang hindi pwede dahil sa sinabi nyo and naniniwala naman ako sa inyo. Bakit po kaya hindi sila nag labas ng program na pang convert sa SVQ at song file sa PC para puro sa PC nalang ang naka concentrate.
Maraming salamat po.
P.S. pati po tungkol sa Q7S, pwede po bang ma play ito sa PC?
Tnx po uli.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »
cymon,

I'm curious... you're selling the Fantom X8 and keeping the XP-80?! :shock:  Isn't that a retrogression of some sort?

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 10:52:01 PM »
[/quote]

As long as cakewalk or cubase is set to slave to midi sync, the notes will follow the measure:bar:beats alignment. You don't have to quantize anything as long as the original sequence was tight anyway. You also don't have to change the PPQN (parts per quarter note or ticks) setting in cakewalk; that's only the internal resolution of the MC50. You CAN change the resolution before recording but if your playback engine will be cakewalk, it's ok to leave the resolution at the default setting (480 ppqn). One thing you cannot do: change the resolution after the midi file has been recorded - try it and watch your midi file either speed up or slow down (I think it's a bug, should not be the case).[/quote]

okay very clearly explained.... i think you have made a lot of transfers via this method...

@cymon - SVQ contains sequence data and also performance data
so pwede mo naman i-save yung sequence data with out performance
data tapos mano mano piliin yung performance na nasa xp80.

in other words save to midifile. i play mo sa pc using software, tapos
sa keyboard mo pipiliin yung mga patches or performance.

pwede mo rin i bulk-dump yung patch or performance data sa pc

maraming pwedeng diskarte dito.

please specify what software are you planning to use...
tapos do use edited data or factory presets duon sa xp80?

baka meron editor/librarian sa roland website. teka nga
hanapin ko nga....

keep on asking questions dito sa forum, kulit ka ng kulit and marami
tutulong sa yo dito,

sharing tayo dito....

Offline cymon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 10:59:04 PM »
I bought X8 in Japan bcz piano touch sya and great sound talaga second to Motif 88 keys. The reason im selling is im not in japan anymore and i need some cash. But i have so manny plan sa X8 like for recording. Sayang nga at gusto ko rin sya pero no choice ako like i said "cash". Im verry thankful for your concern about my stuff and but as of now i need some help about my Financial problem. Do you know anybody here in philippines like Mr collector?((somewhere here in this forum). I Ask Gary V about this but they have some plan for their coming projects so its verry sad. And Master Kitc i know that your're the person that i think can help me about X8.
More power to you and Lots of tnx.

Offline cymon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Kindly help me. pls!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:23 PM »
way back in japan, may fren ako doon at na i transfer nya yung song file to format 0 or 1 trough mc 50 lang at yung disk converter nya alang ang ginagamit nya. Sayang nga lang at hindi ko nakopya yung disk sa kanya. Kc Master KitC yung mga mga iba kong stuff like MC 50 ay nasa kahon na lang  at yung XP 80 naman ay nakalagay lang sa hard case at no space kc sa room ko kya PC lang ako naka concentrate thats why i ask kung meron program na pwedeng mag play sa PC. Sayang nga lang at wala gaya sabi mo. So i need to follow your option. Dati ko nang ginawa yung MC 50 na naka midi line sa XP80 at na record naman sya, like what you said. Master kitC marami pa akong itatanong sayo at sana ay wag kang magsawa sa akin... :D maraming salamat po. :D