hulika

Author Topic: Music legends Rico Blanco, Arnel Pineda help Filipinos become their own “Bossing  (Read 1456 times)

Offline MusicInfoPH

• Philmusicus Noobitus
TWO HIGHLY RESPECTED ARTISTS come together for a good cause: OPM icon Rico Blanco is collaborating with international Filipino rocker Arnel Pineda in lending their voices to Para sa mga Bossing, the theme of SME Nation.

The song encourages Filipinos to become their own boss by choosing to be entrepreneurs. Rico was tapped by PLDT SME Nation to be an advocate of Filipino entrepreneurship and the new voice of Filipino SMEs (small-to-medium scale entrepreneurs).

“We’ve always known that as an artist, Rico has the heart for sharing his talents to help fellow Filipinos. That’s why we’re happy to have him as a partner in motivating more Filipinos to become entrepreneurs. As one of the most respected and popular musicians of his generation, Rico’s contribution to our advocacy sends out the vision of entrepreneurship in a powerful way,” says Kat Luna-Abelarde, PLDT vice-president and head of PLDT SME-Nation.

Rico shares "I feel honored and thankful to be given this opportunity to record my rendition of SME Nation’s song. The experience is very fulfilling and exciting, my humble contribution to help inspire Filipino entrepreneurship. … The difference between success and failure is really attitude. Filipinos need to become more hopeful and more optimistic; to dream big and make that dream come true. In the Para sa mga Bossing, we are sending out the message that by becoming entrepreneurs, Filipinos can rise above poverty or any other obstacle. By becoming entrepreneurs, they can be the boss of their business and of their destiny.”

The song goes: “Ang asenso maaabot/Sa bagsik nitong prinsipyo/Ang talino’t pagsisikap/Ibubuhos sa negosyo/Bossing ako/Aking tagumpay/Sa ‘kin nakasalalay…”

Power vocals

Another special treat for our hardworking SME’s is the special participation of International Filipino rock star and Journey vocalist Arnel Pineda. Arnel is more than happy to share his powerful vocals to the bridge portion of the Para sa mga Bossing.

“I gave my whole heart into the recording of my portion of the song. No undertaking, whether it’s a business or some other project, can succeed if you don’t put your heart into it. Just like our Filipino SMEs, buong puso nila binibigay nila sa pagnenegosyo nila,” says Arnel.

Arnel has an inspiring story as well—at one point in his life, he was living on the streets without any money or food—and like many SMEs, he knows what it’s like to start small and dream big dreams.

“Even with the odds against you, you can choose to control your destiny. You have to think of yourself as in control, you have to have the attitude of a boss, a bossing, so you can succeed.

I know what it’s like to start from the very bottom. To rise above your circumstances, you have to keep hoping, keep striving and have the guts to fulfill your dreams and ambitions,” adds Arnel.

Advocacy

Rico has time and again used his immense talents to help others. He co-wrote the song “Posible” for the Philippine delegation to the Southeast Asian Games to inspire Filipino athletes to give their best. That song is now an anthem for Filipinos who dare to achieve what seems impossible.

Rico also composed and recorded the song “Bangon” to help the victims of typhoon Ondoy. “Bangon” is still available as a free download on Rico’s website www.ricoblanco.com.ph where there are more details on how to contribute support to Ondoy victims.

With Para sa mga Bossing, Rico hopes inspire more Filipinos to set up their own businesses and become their own “bossing”.

“The song is a call for Filipinos to realize that they can be their own boss. No matter who you are and what you do—whether you drive a taxi, or you’re a street vender, or you’re a new graduate who can’t find a job—you are not a slave of your circumstances. You can take control and be the boss,” says Rico.

Luna-Abelarde says PLDT-SME Nation is committed to the advocacy of Filipino entrepreneurship as a way to help in nation-building. “SMEs form the backbone of the Philippine economy, generating more than 90% of income. More SMEs mean more jobs, more income and more purchasing power.

Filipino entrepreneurship is a key to creating a strong economy for the country. “That’s why PLDT-SME Nation is doing all it can to provide cost-effective, high-tech, fast, and reliable business solutions to our SMEs. In today’s age of high-tech, global communications,

PLDT-SME Nation is there to provide SMEs a competitive edge, to help them grow, thrive and succeed,” she explains. Para sa mga Bossing will soon be heard across the airwaves, bringing its message of hope, courage and determination, so that even more Filipinos will strive to be the Boss of their own businesses and live their own success stories.

For more info on what PLDT-SME Nation can offer your business, you may call 101-888 or visit

www.pldtsme-nation.com.ph.

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
Hmm... dapat i-move ang post na ito sa News Leads di ba?

Offline jesper2g

Hmm... dapat i-move ang post na ito sa News Leads di ba?

Mismo!