hulika

Author Topic: Digital Home Recording Studio Set Up  (Read 1990 times)

Offline kirs10

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Digital Home Recording Studio Set Up
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »
Hi. I'm planning to set up a digital home recording studio for our ministry ASAP. We will make our own music and record original songs. Does anybody know all the necessary equipment needed? (I already searched the net but I'm still confused  :? ) Where can I purchase them? What's the overall budget? I'm not that familiar with the latest tech used in music reproduction so I hope someone can enlighten me here.. Perhaps you can give me a list or something... Any suggestion/idea is very welcome..  :D
What you see is what you get.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 08:04:27 PM »
hi and welcome to the forums...

try viewing some of the threads here.... its a good place to start....

key decisions are:

budget ceiling?
whether computer or hardware based recording....
lots of stuff are available locally so there should be no problem if you really need to start quickly....

lost of people will help you in this forum... the important thing is that you learn enough to make a valid decision when purchasing the equipment para walang sisihan.....

try also: http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 09:00:01 PM »
things to consider:

Computer based

High end PC (Windows based - for a tight budget, Apple Computer - sky's the limit) easy to repair, upgrade and maintain
Recording software - 30% of the budget should go to software
Sound card - PCI card with mic, multiple line inputs. or USB2 or Firewire interface to the PC.

others - microphones, soundproof room, keyboard, guitars, bass, amps, drum kit etc. lots of assorted cables, Music library (sound effects, prerecorded license free music)

Hardware based (stand alone, all in one box) -kinda expensive, better have a warranty..
audio mixer, and recording in one convenient box....
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline kirs10

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 09:13:30 PM »
Thanks. Glad to be here  :D

Yes, I checked the threads that are related to home recording. I already know the PC requirements, but still a newbie about all the other equipments like mixers, audio interfaces, preamps, softwares..etc.

Can someone point me to the right place where existing home studios got their stuff? I just need to have a complete list of all the equipments so I can budget.

Hope someone can help me out.
What you see is what you get.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 06:23:13 PM »
hey there.

what it is you plan to accomplish in that studio you're trying to put up is the thing that's going to dictate which pieces of equipment you're gonna need.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 08:06:50 AM »
true, if you are recording drums expect to spend more.  but if it's MIDI music and vocals or guitar track, you can keep the list down considerably.  

the contact numbers of suppliers are here in this forum somewhere.
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
Re: Digital Home Recording Studio Set Up
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 02:02:40 PM »
Quote from: kirs10
Hi. I'm planning to set up a digital home recording studio for our ministry ASAP. We will make our own music and record original songs. Does anybody know all the necessary equipment needed? (I already searched the net but I'm still confused  :? ) Where can I purchase them? What's the overall budget? I'm not that familiar with the latest tech used in music reproduction so I hope someone can enlighten me here.. Perhaps you can give me a list or something... Any suggestion/idea is very welcome..  :D

sis o bro ba?hehehe....ganun din sa amin sa community namin particularly sa music ministry and media ministry...

hehehe...tagal ko nang gusto talaga for our community na magkaruon ng pc based recording...kasi talagang malaki talaga ang budget kapag sa labas ka pa ngparecord and tska ang dami di mo pa nagagawa...gusto mo pero tight ka sa galaw dahil nga sa budget...

we had our last album recorded sa labas and talaga...grabe!!!ang laki...iniimagine ko nga kung sa community nalang kami ngrecording...mura pa at ease n relaks pa recording namin...mahal kasi e...ehehehe...

just by browsing to the forums dami ko na tutunan...lalo na sa mod natin and mga dalubhasa dito sa boards...eto ang sagot dito...hehehe...back read nga ako ng back read e...

ngatz...gbu
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin