hulika

Author Topic: HELP: snow leopard and line 6 KB37, compatible?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
HELP: snow leopard and line 6 KB37, compatible?
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »

I recently bought a macbook with snow leopard OS and ilife 09, hoping to use my good trusted red line 6 toneport KB37 MIDI interface, but to my dismay.. hindi yata sila match

I did install the software pero pag kinabit na sa USB yung MIDI keys.. nagsa shut down yung mac.

according to some forums I bumped into, line 6 interface can only support up to 32 bit (whatever it may mean)
while ilife 09 have more than that 44 or 64 bit im not so sure

they said, to use the line 6 interface, I have to reset my bit rate down to 32 or maybe 24..

is that right? how can I do that?.. I'm not really a mac/IT expert

ty mga bossing
my song that' being aired in Sydney

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
Re: HELP: snow leopard and line 6 KB37, compatible?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:05:37 AM »
It's quite possible that you are using a macbook running 64-bit snow leopard.
You may try booting into 32-bit by holding down 3 and 2 while booting.

Cheers!

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:10:47 AM »
It's quite possible that you are using a macbook running 64-bit snow leopard.
You may try booting into 32-bit by holding down 3 and 2 while booting.

Cheers!

you mean I will press 3 and 2 while restarting? sorry its a noob question...

is that possible that I can go back to 64 bit by rebooting and holding 6 and 4?

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
you mean I will press 3 and 2 while restarting? sorry its a noob question... YES

is that possible that I can go back to 64 bit by rebooting and holding 6 and 4?  Just restart and it will go back to 64 bit. you don't have to press anything.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »
by default, snow leopard boots to 32bit. press 6 and 4 upon start up to boot to 64bit. unless of course, if you entered that terminal line which would let you default to 64bit.

you mean I will press 3 and 2 while restarting? sorry its a noob question... YES

is that possible that I can go back to 64 bit by rebooting and holding 6 and 4?  Just restart and it will go back to 64 bit. you don't have to press anything.

:razz::razz::razz:

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »
by default, snow leopard boots to 32bit. press 6 and 4 upon start up to boot to 64bit. unless of course, if you entered that terminal line which would let you default to 64bit.

??? magkaiba yata kayo ng sinasabi ni abusound... :? :?

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »

Experience as beta tester tells me otherwise. Unfortunately this is not true with the newer Macs, specially with the 12 cores Mac Pros. They just boot automatically to the 64 bit side which then needs to be rebooted to the 32 bit for Pro tools to work.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 08:09:39 AM »
cool! it defaults to 32bit on my macbook pro (5,3 rev) kasi. guess apple aint so consistent with this one. at any rate, i had to configure it pa to boot to 64bit.

12 cores should be pretty suh-weet! good to know that apple dev makes it run at 64bit kernel na.

Experience as beta tester tells me otherwise. Unfortunately this is not true with the newer Macs, specially with the 12 cores Mac Pros. They just boot automatically to the 64 bit side which then needs to be rebooted to the 32 bit for Pro tools to work.

@obetski- try to check which bit you runnin at.  look at the "system software overview" in "system profiler". my macbook pro defaults at 32bit snow.
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:43 AM »

so this thing happens with pro tools as well... kala ko sa old line 6 interface lang di abot..

thanks guys.. will try all these...

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

my friend arkeetar gave me this link

http://line6.com/community/thread/27818

it solved my problem...

my line 6 KB37 is now working with macbook snow leopard.. I still have yet to try if its fully working.. but so far I have recorded a MIDI part and guitar.. sure no problem w adding vox, MIDI drums and bass.. sounds like I'm on for late nights .. hahaha

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »
woot!!!  :lol:

sarap mag record  :-D better than $ex... uhm hindi rin pero ibang high pa rin  :-D