hulika

Author Topic: Tap Tone Wood  (Read 784 times)

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
Tap Tone Wood
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
I don't know if this is already posted. I'll post it anyway. :D

If you keep attention on the discussion about resonance, probably this is what firemodel55's "hiyaw." Can you confirm, Firemodel55?

I just don't know if  this is a "consistent" quality of mahogany. I hope those who studies forestry, wood science, has access to variety of wood or luthiers can confirm if these qualities are "consistent."

And yeah, the guy is an acoustic guitar builder so I don't know if this would also apply to electric solid guitars.

lol too much i don't know.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Tap Tone Wood
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »
I don't know if this is already posted. I'll post it anyway. :D

If you keep attention on the discussion about resonance, probably this is what firemodel55's "hiyaw." Can you confirm, Firemodel55?

I just don't know if  this is a "consistent" quality of mahogany. I hope those who studies forestry, wood science, has access to variety of wood or luthiers can confirm if these qualities are "consistent."

And yeah, the guy is an acoustic guitar builder so I don't know if this would also apply to electric solid guitars.

lol too much i don't know.

i see it done..but im more interested on the final result..

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tap Tone Wood
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »
very nice share!   :-)

in terms of acoustic guitars, i agree very much with that video.  the basic tap tone of the woods you will use will greatly determine the tonal characteristics of the finished product.  not all mahoganies or rosewoods can be used as guitar tonewoods.  luthiers pick those with the best tap tone. 

quality in, quality out.  garbage in, garbage out.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers