hulika

Author Topic: Active Bridge PUP + Passive Neck PUP  (Read 1482 times)

Offline kragz

• Philmusicus Addictus
Active Bridge PUP + Passive Neck PUP
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:34:20 AM »
What can you say guy? I had been thinking this since august, is this okay? is it possible? I want it to be installed on my rg1570, I already installed DiMazio Evolution on neck and I'm planning to put some SD Blackouts on the bridge (I'm going to remove my middle PUP). Is there anyone who tried this already? Please share your story if you had. Thanks in advance :D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Active Bridge PUP + Passive Neck PUP
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »
i finished working on a co-workers kramer american pacer, i didnt touch the electronics, it had an EMG 81 bridge and a passive EMG single coil. it does work but, output wise the active pickup overpowered the single coil..in cleans..you could barely hear the single coil, only did i engage the SH i heard the single coil sound..

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:14:06 AM »
What can you say guy? I had been thinking this since august, is this okay? is it possible? I want it to be installed on my rg1570, I already installed DiMazio Evolution on neck and I'm planning to put some SD Blackouts on the bridge (I'm going to remove my middle PUP). Is there anyone who tried this already? Please share your story if you had. Thanks in advance :D

I used to have this set up in one of my strats before.

I installed an EMG 85 on my strat as a bridge pickup along side the stock AM STD pups. Ganda although the output was sight and day super lakas ng output nung emg as compared to the passive stock pups...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline kragz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 07:23:29 AM »
Oh I see. I hope Blackouts won't overpower Evo. I guess there's only one thing to find out. :D I have another question sir bryan, does the wood affect the tone of a active pup? My friend told me about someones experiment, the emg 81 and 85 installed in a high-end guitar, and then they installed the emg 81 and 85 on a lumanog guitar and it sounds exactly the same "daw". Is that possible?

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:26:16 AM »
Oh I see. I hope Blackouts won't overpower Evo. I guess there's only one thing to find out. :D I have another question sir bryan, does the wood affect the tone of a active pup? My friend told me about someones experiment, the emg 81 and 85 installed in a high-end guitar, and then they installed the emg 81 and 85 on a lumanog guitar and it sounds exactly the same "daw". Is that possible?

My be your friend is just pulling your leg...  :-D Sounds very much like a kwentong kutsero...  :-D :-D :-D

Offline kragz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »
I used to have this set up in one of my strats before.

I installed an EMG 85 on my strat as a bridge pickup along side the stock AM STD pups. Ganda although the output was sight and day super lakas ng output nung emg as compared to the passive stock pups...

Nice one! Excited na tuloy ako sa kalalabasan ng experiment ko :D If this fails I going to install the blackouts on my Brand X mij les paul hahaha

Offline kragz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 07:30:11 AM »
My be your friend is just pulling your leg...  :-D Sounds very much like a kwentong kutsero...  :-D :-D :-D

Hahaha hindi naman, he's a good friend of mine, na kwento lang din sa kanya ng kaibigan nya :D Di ko pa kasi naririnig ang active pup sa basswood body eh. :D I hope halimaw tone parin siya kahit sa basswood. xD

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:48:18 AM »
Just to give you an Idea... this was taken way back circa 2005 when I still had hair hehe...

I used the passive pups for the clean sound and the EMG 85 for the solo part...

:-D :-D :-D enjoy...

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:53:00 AM by bluenote »

Offline kragz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:05:44 AM »
Ayus! Excited na talaga ako sa kalalabasan. I hope blackouts won't overpower evo talaga hahaha :D

PS:
I love that song LMAO :D

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 08:46:16 AM »
can x2n compete with ze actives??

@bluenote

tone is very sweet.. awesome tone..  both clean and solo part.. and nice playing
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »

i wouldnt know about lumanog guitars..i havent tried the new lumanog guitars..if that lumanog was built 'extremely' well, why should it sound good, but to sound 100% alike is not possible..

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
Ayus! Excited na talaga ako sa kalalabasan. I hope blackouts won't overpower evo talaga hahaha :D

PS:
I love that song LMAO :D

Hehehe Thanks bro!  :-D