hulika

Author Topic: Cheaper alternative for Shure Mics  (Read 8756 times)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Cheaper alternative for Shure Mics
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »
This is interesting bro. Can you tell us more what mixer, amp and speaker that were used to test the mics?

Shucks, I can't remember already. It was a while back. I know a lot of factors affect the listening environment but I worked with what I had and just set the channels per mic flat and that's how I ended up with my decision to take it home.

At the end of the day, you can always try to do your own AB comps so it's all up to taste  :-)

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »
Shucks, I can't remember already. It was a while back. I know a lot of factors affect the listening environment but I worked with what I had and just set the channels per mic flat and that's how I ended up with my decision to take it home.

At the end of the day, you can always try to do your own AB comps so it's all up to taste  :-)
Reason I asked is I also did head-to-head test dati sa audiophile. I was testing mixers back then using SM58 and EON powered speakers.

I was just curious about the equipment you used naman.  :-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:51 AM »
Reason I asked is I also did head-to-head test dati sa audiophile. I was testing mixers back then using SM58 and EON powered speakers.

I was just curious about the equipment you used naman.  :-D

it's al good man. We're all here to help out. I think I remember it was an all samson setup at that time either a samson mixer and speakers or was it eons? hehe

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 04:03:39 AM »
it's al good man. We're all here to help out. I think I remember it was an all samson setup at that time either a samson mixer and speakers or was it eons? hehe
Funny I tried the SM58 to a Samson mixer too and it failed my ears. :) Peavey's PV-20 was mediocre but better than Samson and cheaper so I got it. Soundcraft was too much for our budget so wishlist ko sya muna. Anyway, OT na ako... :)

Another OT na nga rin... I checked the website na nasa signature mo. San ka dun sa picture? http://www.lovecoremusic.com/home.html  :-D :-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »
Funny I tried the SM58 to a Samson mixer too and it failed my ears. :) Peavey's PV-20 was mediocre but better than Samson and cheaper so I got it. Soundcraft was too much for our budget so wishlist ko sya muna. Anyway, OT na ako... :)

Another OT na nga rin... I checked the website na nasa signature mo. San ka dun sa picture? http://www.lovecoremusic.com/home.html  :-D :-D

ah! for budget mixers, I liked the Yamaha MG series. Really cheap but very robust.

OT ako yung bokal vocals :)

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 04:58:47 AM »
ah! for budget mixers, I liked the Yamaha MG series. Really cheap but very robust.

OT ako yung bokal vocals :)
That "really cheap" wasn't our church's case back then with only 27k budget the MG series I would have chosen in a hearbeat if we had the budget was at 34k.  :-( Really, PV-20 isn't bad. A little EQ here and a bit of compression there it does the job well. :)

Good to see you (picture) bro. Band still rockin' on for Him? :)

Offline konastinky

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 05:22:18 AM »
chief ang sx8 nang jts mga magkano po sa inyo?

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:29 AM »
That "really cheap" wasn't our church's case back then with only 27k budget the MG series I would have chosen in a hearbeat if we had the budget was at 34k.  :-( Really, PV-20 isn't bad. A little EQ here and a bit of compression there it does the job well. :)

Good to see you (picture) bro. Band still rockin' on for Him? :)

Yeah well the MG here was a bit too overpriced if I may say. Grabe.

Yup definitely rockin for Him!!! That's my purpose for rockin, man  :-)

Offline yetsky

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 09:30:12 AM »
...Bossing ang Samson distributed by Audiophile Components...,, :wink:

http://www.audiophile.ph/web/branches-audiophile.php

tnx sir!  :-D

Offline lowriderthug

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »

If your idea of budget is around P15K, then JTS will be your solution.
This product will be coming out by February.

JTS SIEM 2T/R    http://www.jts.com.tw/_english/02_products/03_detail.php?MainID=1&SID=11&ID=236

sir, kasama na ba sa 15k buong set? kasama earphones at ung beltpak? thanks.

meron po ba tayo OPM artist na gumagamit nito ngaun? salamat ulit.

eto na maging alternative nbibilhin nun churchmate ko compare sa mipro, mejo mahal kasi ung mipro.
music is what feelings sounds like