hulika

Author Topic: Pedal Knob and Switch Adjustment  (Read 889 times)

Offline bumbleaidz

Pedal Knob and Switch Adjustment
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
Hi, do you know where I can have my Vox Ice 9 pedal knob adjusted?  it has a very sensitive knob, a slight bump on the knobs (ie. cable/wires) can change the setting, i want it to be more tight, like boss' pedal knobs.

Or maybe you could teach me how to adjust to tighten the knobs, free tips! hehe :)

Thank you guys! :) Cheers!
successful transactions: moncseb (planet waves guitar strap), KASALANAN (tips&references), kenzu0911 (PSU), hamsterjamster (earplugs), sakilogic (boom micstand), neil_squadron (t007 tremolo).

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Pedal Knob and Switch Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 12:02:09 AM »
You're referring to the ease of turning the pots? Naku. Nasa  potentiometers na yan bro. I'm afraid you have to live with it like that, unless you want to have the actual potentiometers themselves changed.

Offline bumbleaidz

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 12:47:57 AM »
You're referring to the ease of turning the pots? Naku. Nasa  potentiometers na yan bro. I'm afraid you have to live with it like that, unless you want to have the actual potentiometers themselves changed.

yeah, super daling gumalaw nung knobs e, lalo na pag tinatamaan ng cable hassle e, gusto ko sana medyo mabigat pero swabe yung pag-ikot, wala na bang ibang workaround dun instead of changing the pots?
successful transactions: moncseb (planet waves guitar strap), KASALANAN (tips&references), kenzu0911 (PSU), hamsterjamster (earplugs), sakilogic (boom micstand), neil_squadron (t007 tremolo).

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 01:04:35 AM »
yeah, super daling gumalaw nung knobs e, lalo na pag tinatamaan ng cable hassle e, gusto ko sana medyo mabigat pero swabe yung pag-ikot, wala na bang ibang workaround dun instead of changing the pots?

Sa palagay ko sir wala na. Kung ganun kasi talaga yung characteristic nung pot na ginamit, ganun na talaga. Parang less friction.

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 01:09:59 AM »
The only option you have is not touching them or use masking tapes to keep the knobs in place lol  :-D
If you really feel the need edi replace the pots although most of us wouldn't recommend it

Offline bumbleaidz

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »
The only option you have is not touching them or use masking tapes to keep the knobs in place lol  :-D
If you really feel the need edi replace the pots although most of us wouldn't recommend it

OD e, so i tweak it almost all the time depending on the mood haha! so i guess i just have to live with it.. thanks guys for the share! :)

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »
OD e, so i tweak it almost all the time depending on the mood haha! so i guess i just have to live with it.. thanks guys for the share! :)
Ohh in that case, I think I've seen a rubber stopper for knobs although I'm not sure. Try to google it nalang.  :-D
Goodluck!