hulika

Author Topic: why is ibanez so cheap in audiophile?  (Read 5087 times)

Offline jupe123

• Veteran Member
why is ibanez so cheap in audiophile?
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »
i dunno if it applies to the guitars as well but i was looking at the amps they sold and holy cow the ibanez tsa30 combo is so much cheaper here than in the US!! here it's P17k and in the US, the street price is $600  :-o and the list is $800!!
"I was like Oatmeal, are you CRAZY?!" - Pinkie Pie

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: why is ibanez so cheap in audiophile?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:45 PM »
i dunno if it applies to the guitars as well but i was looking at the amps they sold and holy cow the ibanez tsa30 combo is so much cheaper here than in the US!! here it's P17k and in the US, the street price is $600  :-o and the list is $800!!
Are you sure that what you saw was a combo and not a head? or that it was a tsa30 not a tsa15?

Offline jupe123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
Are you sure that what you saw was a combo and not a head? or that it was a tsa30 not a tsa15?

i asked on their FB page how much the combo costs. and this is the answer i got:
"Sir For TSA30 - 17+++ .. Less 8% for Cash.. For TSA15 Combo - 15+++.. Less 5%.. For TSA15 Head Amp Only - 11+++..Less 5 %.. tnx"

Offline rr

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »
i also have the same question :-D why is it so cheap. i went to trinoma couple of days ago..and tried their tsa30 combo. 17,699 or 17,799 ang price..basta di abot ng 18k. 

dahil ba diretso galing china ung items? :?
reference: bossingboss,sheepsmellslikeseashells,nickson,saturn/return,xelly,pers,glassisback,drahcirnna24 and many more =)

Offline jupe123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:49:15 PM »
i also have the same question :-D why is it so cheap. i went to trinoma couple of days ago..and tried their tsa30 combo. 17,699 or 17,799 ang price..basta di abot ng 18k. 

dahil ba diretso galing china ung items? :?

i was thinking that too.

off topic...how did you find the tsa30?  :-P i think i might get one but i haven't had the chance to try it

Offline r_lozano

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
i was thinking that too.

off topic...how did you find the tsa30?  :-P i think i might get one but i haven't had the chance to try it

If it really came direct from china, the freight charges are much cheaper since we are near to the port of exportation. And also take note that the freight charges are also included in the computation of duties and taxes. (Cost + insurance + freight) x exchange rate x rate of duty. = Total customs duty.

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 01:13:41 AM »
They have the best pricing for guitars. Great job to them. I love Ibanez.  :)

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »
Dear Audiophile,

Wag kayong magpaniwala sa pinagsasabi nila, hindi kayo mura magtinda ng ibanez.

Mr Gobots

<psssst guys, pag narinig ng audiophile na mura yung mga ibanez sa kanila baka magtaas sila bigla>
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »
Not just Ibanez. Their prices are from cheap to reasonable vs SRP + tax from other countries. Great store.
Good example is this one = http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/korg-pitchblack-chromatic-pedal-tuner/210087000000000

Price of that from online stores + tax more expensive than P2988 here in audiophile.

Another http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dimarzio-dp707-liquifire-7-string--neck-pickup
Price of that + tax is more expensive than P3500 in audiophile

Offline schwabe

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »
Dear Audiophile,

Wag kayong magpaniwala sa pinagsasabi nila, hindi kayo mura magtinda ng ibanez.

Mr Gobots

<psssst guys, pag narinig ng audiophile na mura yung mga ibanez sa kanila baka magtaas sila bigla>

Parang yung danggit sa Cebu yan... noong mga unang panahon sobra mura.  nagpuntahan ang mga taga maynilang susyal at palaging sinasabi ang mura!!!  ayan tuloy saksakan na tuloy ng mahal ngayon...

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:38 AM »
Not just Ibanez. Their prices are from cheap to reasonable vs SRP + tax from other countries. Great store.
Good example is this one = http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/korg-pitchblack-chromatic-pedal-tuner/210087000000000

Price of that from online stores + tax more expensive than P2988 here in audiophile.

Another http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dimarzio-dp707-liquifire-7-string--neck-pickup
Price of that + tax is more expensive than P3500 in audiophile

Great Job Audiophile  :wave:
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
Better cheap than expensive!

Ooops! Lemme' rephrase that.....

Better cheap than overpriced! :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:53:59 AM by stringman »
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline ijoejit

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »
Hindi sila cheap, fair priced lang. Pwede nyo i-check yung pricelist nila then compare nyo sa pricelist ng mga stores from US. Baka mas mataas lang ang markup sa US compared dito sa AudioPhile ph.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 09:43:49 AM »
ibanez guitars are not cheap in cagayan de oro, trust me. tha RG350DX is priced at 25k, Gio GRG270 is at 16k and the list goes on.

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
i asked on their FB page how much the combo costs. and this is the answer i got:
"Sir For TSA30 - 17+++ .. Less 8% for Cash.. For TSA15 Combo - 15+++.. Less 5%.. For TSA15 Head Amp Only - 11+++..Less 5 %.. tnx"

Wow then good for us. Baka direct importation from China so mas konti ang dagdag sa pricing  :-D

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »
I knew it was a really good store  :)

Offline jupe123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
okay!! it looks like i have a new favorite store!!  :lol:

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »
Looks like I'm getting a new amp.
Offset guitars for life.