hulika

Author Topic: I'm alone....  (Read 5511 times)

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:00:24 PM »
I feel so alone...

I'm in love the blues. But I'm only sixteen. Everyone else I know is into Emo and shredding. Wala akong makasama. I also play Alt and grunge and sometimes metal, pero pagnakahawak ako ng guitar, 10 out of ten times, i'll start off with a bluesy riff and put it down breakin' a string from bending too much! heheh..

They think I'm lame because I listen to the Blues. Hell, i don't just listen to the blues. Its what I'm about. I breathe it. I think about it. I play it and its a big part of my musical growth. Why is it na nagiisa lng ako?  Older dudes don't even want to jam with me because they don't think i got the CHOPS...

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE OF MY AGE?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 04:25:25 AM »
i used to feel the same when i was 12. :lol: but then i had nintendo to alleviate my loneliness.

that's how i got to hang around with people older than me. coz there were few guitarists my age who were into the blues like i was. or so you think.

go to www.pinoyblues.org...i hope it's right. but in the guitar central forum madaming guitarists doon na bluesers.

si joric--delta slim.kulas...madami..pm them so you could get in touch with teens who are into the blues like you.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:40:35 AM »
thanks sir blues2death...may the blues be with you!

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 07:52:44 AM »
ayos a! parang mga jedi knights pala tayo... :lol:

pag metal...mga sith lords  :twisted:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I'm alone....
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 08:42:40 AM »
Quote from: gitarakista27
I feel so alone...

I'm in love the blues. But I'm only sixteen. Everyone else I know is into Emo and shredding. Wala akong makasama. I also play Alt and grunge and sometimes metal, pero pagnakahawak ako ng guitar, 10 out of ten times, i'll start off with a bluesy riff and put it down breakin' a string from bending too much! heheh..

They think I'm lame because I listen to the Blues. Hell, i don't just listen to the blues. Its what I'm about. I breathe it. I think about it. I play it and its a big part of my musical growth. Why is it na nagiisa lng ako?  Older dudes don't even want to jam with me because they don't think i got the CHOPS...

You're on the right track. Blues is about the truth. Don't despair -- just play it.

Do you have the chops? If so, come over to a Blue Rats gig and sit in with the band. You've got company. Check the Gig Skeds for notices.  8)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 03:55:17 PM »
Quote from: blue buddha
I feel so alone...

You're on the right track. Blues is about the truth. Don't despair -- just play it.

Do you have the chops? If so, come over to a Blue Rats gig and sit in with the band. You've got company. Check the Gig Skeds for notices.  8)

there you go gitarakista.....these are the guys i learned from. you're in good hands. :wink:

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 04:27:47 PM »
dale,i'm only 18 and super in love sa jazz,syempre blues din....mejo ramdam ko din yan,advantage ko lang sayo marami akong mga kakilala na pwedeng kajam from school...may mga kasing edad ako pero halos lahat matatanda sa akin....

marami ng pangaasar na ginawa sa akin lalo na mga kakilala ko na mahilig sa heavy metal....matanda na daw ako,pang matanda daw trip ko,kakaantok yung pinapakinggan ko....etc.

hayaan mo lang mga yan....practice parin,swerte mo pinapajam ka ng bluerats sa kanila.... :D pm mo din ako,nagjajam rin kami ng mga barkada ko minsan :D

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 05:56:47 PM »
i wish i was your age and doing what you like doing, playing whatever you like and in your case...THE BLUES :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »
wag ka padala sa trip ng iba.

your a cool kid.
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s

Offline RJVMC

I'm alone....
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 06:51:34 PM »
Uy, that's how I feel when I was your age and everybody is into Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura waaaay back early 90's.

Don't feel bad. Madami diyan na young bluesman. For example si Kakoi, saw him when he's just 18 years old. That guy can rip the guitar. So praktis ka lang ng praktis. Don't lose the blues.

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 08:41:18 PM »
ok...i'l try to jam with blue rats when i get time. My dad's a fan of the blues and he likes blue rats too. tuwa nga sya when he learned i was movin away from alt and goin to the blues...mey chops naman ako. kahet konti. i can go through a twelve bar and an eight bar fine. kulang pa ako sa practice kasi me colej na pero i'm gettin' it!

Bluebossa, hows my dane echo? aus ba? hehehheh

to everyone out ther, tama nga, ang blues may kabuluhan talaga..di pang masa, and thats what makes it cool right? kasi kung pang masa, nakakaawa naman ang blues maging parang trend na lang Like EMO? what then?

i just hope that don't happen.

may the blues be with you..

Quote from: blues2death
ayos a! parang mga jedi knights pala tayo... :lol:

pag metal...mga sith lords  :twisted:

you betcha...rock is for jedi padawans, alternative for jedi journeymen, grunge and punk for jedi sentinels and the BLUES are for the wise JEDI KNIGHTS!!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 12:14:08 PM »
I could just imagine master Yoda listening to dark night, cold ground 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 12:40:19 PM »

you betcha...rock is for jedi padawans, alternative for jedi journeymen, grunge and punk for jedi sentinels and the BLUES are for the wise JEDI KNIGHTS!!

Yup and when you're done with that, shift into seventh gear and get into Jazzzz....

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm alone....
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »
Well, may iba naman na dumadaan sa metal before they finally embrace blues and to paraphrase sir pinoymusika, shift to seventh gear and do jazz.  :D

You're a very fortunate kid to be around a father who's into blues.  :D

Huwag kang titigil sa kakahanap ng mga makakasalamuha't magiging kaibigan mong blusero. Tanggapin mo na rin ang katotohanan na hindi tanggap ng karamihan ng mga tao ang blues at jazz.

Ito ang mundo natin na mga blusero at "jazzero": Hindi accesible sa lahat ng tao kahit na ang pinto is opened wide.

Hindi ka matanda, kid. Matured lang ang puso mo sa musika.  8)
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 08:02:08 AM »
Gitaraks, may gig kami (Blue Rats) sa Conspiracy (Visayas Avenue, QC) this coming Saturday night.  You and your dad come visit... Alam ko na sem break ngayon so wala kang excuse, hehehe.  :-D  You can bring your axe and jam, if you like... Or just come have a sit and listen.   :-)
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 09:28:29 AM »
Gitaraks, Listen to Johnny Lang, the Lie To Me album.. he was only 16 when he recorded it..

And yeah, Jam with The Blue Rats or just come and hang with us..

Peace and Blues Power!
Are You Experienced

Offline ortigas

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 12:10:12 PM »
Gitaraks, don't worry about being "in". During my grade school and high school days, everyone was into new wave and it seemed that only a small group of us were Metal heads. We used to have morons call us "yung mga blak sabat"! Hehehe. Screw 'em all. Individuality rocks. Stay true to yourself. The Blues is super cool. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise....lalo na yung mga EMO na yan.  :evil:

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 05:20:42 PM »
Dude,

Don't worry about feeling like that. I felt alone when I was 25! Played the stereotype music of the day but kept listening to my blues.

It all started in 1986 when the movie "Crossroads" came out. I was so into the blues, I bought 4 albums of Ry Cooder (he played all the Karate Kid's parts, except for the last part which was Steve).

Now that I am of age, it is easy to play the blues because I am "old enough". But don't let your age stop you. Listen to Johnny Lang or Kevin Moore or "Keb Mo". These are young guitar players and age didn't bother them.

Today, I have a couple of Strats, a tele and I play straight to amp, just like the kings of blues.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
ok...i'l try to jam with blue rats when i get time. My dad's a fan of the blues and he likes blue rats too. tuwa nga sya when he learned i was movin away from alt and goin to the blues...mey chops naman ako. kahet konti. i can go through a twelve bar and an eight bar fine. kulang pa ako sa practice kasi me colej na pero i'm gettin' it!

O game -- come check out the Blue Rats gig tonight at Mag:net Café at 335 Katipunan, QC. Some jammers coming. Introduce yourself and sit in on a tune. You're welcome to bring your weapon of choice. 1st set starts at 9:30pm or so.  :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 11:15:22 AM »

O game -- come check out the Blue Rats gig tonight at Mag:net Café at 335 Katipunan, QC. Some jammers coming. Introduce yourself and sit in on a tune. You're welcome to bring your weapon of choice. 1st set starts at 9:30pm or so.  :-D

... and after tonight, sa Conspiracy naman for Blueskrieg concert!  Pinoy Blues Power!!!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
Oo nga! Two nights of bluesy bliss..... or is that blissy blues?  :-D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 03:45:11 AM by blue buddha »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »
...bluesy bliss

parang oxymoron, BB!

pwede ring oxymoron ang blue buddah ah?   :-D

Offline boy_noel

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 01:54:27 AM »
oks lang yan... ako rin ganyan nung nagsisimula pa lang, i'm 21 and i'm into jazz, funk, & blues, sinasabihan ako ng mga kaedad ko na d i rakenrol ang jazz kasi di maeenjoy ng crowd, mag metal na lang daw ako o kaya alt kung ayaw ko ng mabigat tsaka pang matanda daw yan.. sabi ko pang mature listeners at mature musicians ang tugtugang to, kahit matatanda makasama ko ayus lang...

but luckily, i ended up with a band na mahilig din sa ganitong tugtugan at ka-age ko, although galing sa iba't ibang genre, common denominator pa rin namen ang jazz funk & blues, mas ok nga kasi maraming inputs, trying to fuse up different tunes & stuffs..

2loy lang kapatid, push it while you're younger, marami ka pang matututunan..

mabuhay tayo!!!
rock & funk!!!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 03:48:35 AM »
...bluesy bliss

parang oxymoron, BB!

pwede ring oxymoron ang blue buddah ah?   :-D

Pwede nga rin!  :-P

Good luck tomorrow evening. Hope it rocks -- am sure it will.