hulika

Author Topic: Hi everyone. We're SometimeSober. ;)  (Read 702 times)

Offline arrouch

Hi everyone. We're SometimeSober. ;)
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:50:41 AM »
SometimeSober, a band born out of two friends who had an awesome idea.

They both lived and breathed music.

They both listened to, appreciate, and grew up with the same generation of loud, in your face, heart on your sleeve type music.

Music that's sometimes painfully honest, sometimes cheerful and uplifting.

When it's played, sometimes it's a dance party, sometimes it's the wall of death.

Sometimes it's the perfect chill song, sometimes it's the perfect bitch song.

Armed with these similar attitudes about life, friendship, and having a good time, the two comrades set out to accomplish something that is unlike anything seen or heard of.

Something that is a clear yet undefined mix of everything, because, as they know all too well, life isn't black and white, and the same adage also speaks of music. So why bother treating it any different?

The band's first incarnation was in the form of friends Vince Manguiat, and Sean de los Reyes. After their own respective run-ins and "time served" with various bands in high school and college, they were both fed up with the constant disappointment and often times dysfunctional situations they would find themselves in, and the time was ripe for a fresh start in a new direction.

The two-piece got their first break in the "Bagnet Unplugged" Series, capping off their ten-song set with an encore cover of "Seven Years" by Saosin.

SometimeSober's next big break saw them perform at an acoustic benefit gig at AdvoCafe, which saw the addition of Angelo "Punz" Punzalan, the band's new bassist/teddy bear and a classmate of Sean at CSB.

Next on the horizon for the band is a gig line-up at none less than Saguijo, sometime in the coming weeks.

This time though, the gig features a Full Band line-up, which is why we're now on the search for the right drummer. Someone who can take us to the next level. :-D

You think you have what it takes?

First off, who am I?

I'm Sean.

~ 21 yrs old

~ Music Prod student from CSB

~ Singing lead vocals and playing lead/rhythm guitar is what I've been accustomed to.

~ Original Compos. is the plan, just after a few covers first until we refine our sound.

Here's our main influences: (in no particular order)
Arctic Monkeys
Anarbor
Marianas Trench
Chiodos
Pierce the Veil
Sleeping with Sirens
Isles and Glaciers
Saosin
Envy on the Coast
Broadway
Underoath
Bring Me The Horizon
The Color Morale
Memphis May Fire
Our Last Night

Basic Requirements:
~ Own gear
~ Skills and creativity
~ Flexible schedule
~ Willingness to travel for songwriting, rehearsals, recording, meetings, gigs, and other band purposes
~ Able to contribute for band expenses

Kindly provide me your profile/contact information like this:

Name:
Contact No.:
E-mail:
Facebook:

Gear:
Influences:

Thanks!

We're currently looking for opportunities to line-up for gigs, be it full-band or acoustic, whichever way works. ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:00:32 AM by arrouch »