hulika

Author Topic: Sabine FBX Feedback Exterminator or Dbx Feedback Eliminator  (Read 2002 times)

Offline jomsjoms

• Netizen Level
Sabine FBX Feedback Exterminator or Dbx Feedback Eliminator
« on: August 23, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
May I know if the Sabine Feedback Exterminator (FBX 2400/2410) is still widely used? I tried looking for reviews, or online shops that sells this but I hardly find any. (only 3 sellers in ebay for their supposedly new 2410 model). I tried to email them like 7x now and they never replied back.

Are they dead already? I prefer them over the dbx Feedback Suppression AFS 224 but if they are dead then i guess dbx is the only way to go (unless there is something better).

How is the performance of the dbx afs224 anyway? Do you think its at par with the Sabine FBX 2410?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline jomsjoms

• Netizen Level
Re: Sabine FBX Feedback Exterminator or Dbx Feedback Eliminator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
How is the peavey compared to the Sabine and dbx?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:34:25 PM »
Pretty good. It gets the job done.  :cool:
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
If your system is ringed out properly less likely you'll need a feedback suppressor. Remember these are additional filters to your sound that will affect quality on both ways. Im biased to dbx kaya dbx still gets my vote:)))
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer