hulika

Author Topic: Sterling JP60 review  (Read 10604 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Sterling JP60 review
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
so u took pics while u dive bomb...........mad skills u got there  :-D

it requires only 1 hand (just like you know what)..

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 02:57:30 AM »
another update, since i first got the guitar, (out of the box) i snapped the high e string after playing for a few hours(needs string changing right)

so after probably 4 string changes i noticed they keep breaking on the same spot about half an inch above the ball end.

i wasnt the first who reported it..its not widespread too (got some lemons with outsourcing)

ill upload the pictures later..it might help for those that are planning/avoiding to get one or looking for a fix

Hi,
Pleasee the attached pictures and info on string breakage issues with this bridge, Although it's not a widespread issue, the block can have some rough burrs that need to be knocked down. The pictures will explain it better than I can.

Hope it helps.

The issue is most likely the block and the hole the string exits thru may have some rough edges, burrs from the initial drilling of the hole.

If you look closely at the bridge, the string's ball end is anchored at the end of the hole (in the block). If the edge of this hole has some rough edges, it causes friction against the ball end and the little area of string thats wrapped around the ball end. The movement of the string when you play (bending, tremolo usage) rubs against this area and the string breaks prematurely.

The easiest way to fix this is to use a 11/64 drill bit and spin the bit in the string hole. This will remove any burrs, rough edges. Please see the attached pictures.

Also, placing a small pc of rubber heat shrink tubing around the end of the string (where it meets the ball end) will help reduce string breakage also.

This should solve most of the string breakage issues. If it continues after doing the above, we can exchange your block with one we look at and condition before we send to you.

Thanks

i also i like to point out that im not in anyway trying to put down the company, that the issues are in all hardware related..and that can be corrected.
i do love these guitars because of the ff:
- craftmanship
- no piezo
- finishes
- weight
- its size
- quality of wood
- product support

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »
photos from sterling support

Offline infamous

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
sir trade tayo ng gitar mo sa gitar ko im willing to add http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=269830.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:31:19 PM by infamous »

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
This is not the classifieds lol. And I think sir bryanarzaga is currently not in the Philippines.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 08:57:21 PM »
This is not the classifieds lol. And I think sir bryanarzaga is currently not in the Philippines.

correct post it the proper in section

when life throws you an olp, you just say no thanks lol

anyway

here's my JP50 the mic version

i thought the flat black finish is cool..i might work with benford to do a swirl finish lol, sterling support provided the jp style knobs(n/c)

but i wanted to show this

the bridge is exactly mounted at 25 inches (25.5 scale)

here's the jp60's, the routing is at 25 inches but the bridge is mounted further than that.

should have been fine however it causes you to move the towards the neck to compensate for intonation, this caused the high e saddle to touch the pivot. its fix now thanks to sterling sending a modified high-e saddle. the sterling jp50 didnt need any