hulika

Author Topic: weird shim  (Read 3356 times)

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: weird shim
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »
may isang nagsabi sa original thread, mukhang necessary fix yung shim para iangat yung fretboard dahil kung hindi magiging sobrang taas ng action dahil sa ginamit sa bridge. hindi nga lang naconceal ng maayos. mukhang satisfied naman yung owner. hehe

Hindi nga lang naging custom build. Kung custom build siya the luthier would have created a neck specific to match the bridge height. But since set neck siya, naka base pa rin yung luthier sa mga previous set neck builds nila.

But since the owner is satisfied, everyone is happy.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
Hindi nga lang naging custom build. Kung custom build siya the luthier would have created a neck specific to match the bridge height. But since set neck siya, naka base pa rin yung luthier sa mga previous set neck builds nila.

But since the owner is satisfied, everyone is happy.

or they could route the bridge so it sits/sunks lower in the body

Offline ritchieblackmore

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:11 PM »

Maybe a pick holder??

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »
I think it was more badass to have it on reverse headstock.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »
"Time and money well wasted"
By no means a minor setback. That shim is ugly as sin. He didn't even bother to match the neck wood to make it inconspicuous. Matter of fact is, he didn't even try to make an effort to conceal his mistakes.
When you pay a premium price, expect for a premium job. I own only one 'boutique' guitar that's been made to my specs. It is by no means as expensive as some of the boutique guitars of other members here. But when I asked them to make it look aged, I meant to the last screw. And they didn't disappoint. Even the hidden electronics such as cloth wires, pots, switch, and jack were 'aged'. The neck and body joint was so snug that I heard it snapped into place when Lance pressed it for bolting. Every detail has been meticulously gone over. No filler whatsoever.
My point is, when you pay that much for any service, you shouldn't be just getting the product itself. You should, most importantly, be getting the experience.

that sums it all up.