hulika

Author Topic: Why there is no wah on higher notes?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline IncX

Re: Why there is no wah on higher notes?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »
wah-la na wah eh

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
try some other models. or try a new setup. your guitar and amp/pedals affect the way the wah acts too. on a strat a gcb 95 wont probably be vocal beyond the 12th fret but on an sg you may get some more mileage higher up the fret. or you can try and change the inductor with a yellow fasel instead of the red one it came with. that will make it a little more middy.

but yeah, id go for trying other wahs. a gcb95 is the base crybaby model anyway. get a 535Q. this one will let you control the contour of the wah in relation with your setup.  it has a gain boost which will make your wah stand out better in the mix.

or get the mxr CAE Wah. You can choose between a red and yellow fasel at the touch of a button.

you can also go for optical wahs. while they are not as quacky as normal pot wahs, most of them retain their vocal presence beyond the 12th fret.

this. very versatile na wah IMHO :) adam jones-esque
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »
same problem with boss me-50
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
Try a dime bag wah. I consider it like crying sick cow. It wahs on even on the high registers.

the dimewah is a 535Q in steroids! the only crybaby i love.  :razz:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »
Try using a wah with a variable Q. Having a wah with a variable Q will enable you to find the sweet spot that you're looking for so that your wah's sweep range will hit the higher register as well.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
Maybe you are using too much gain to begin with...

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 04:57:37 PM »
Maybe you are using too much gain to begin with...

baka tawagan ka ulit ni kirk hammett.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
masyado na maliit yung tunog for the wah to do its work. notice how yung sa recordings of guitar parts yung stuff played lower down the neck sa lower strings where the strings make bigger movements produce bigger images dun sa spectograph thingamajigger? and when you play the higher notes they're considerably smaller?

yun 'yon. smaller notes, smaller area affected by the wah sweep. the same what wah sweeps seem to be more pronounced when playing chords than when playing single note lines. more "surface area" for your wah to work with means more noticeable wah sweep.

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
TS, found some techy stuff to deal with that weak wah problem.

"Wah" range noticeably decreased when certain effects used AFTER the wah.

The input impedance of the effect is loading down the output of the wah, as the input impedance of the next effect appears effectively in parallel with the collector resistor of Q1. This directly cuts the gain, which we've seen is responsible for the variable-capacitance effect that gives the wah its variable-frequency sound. The solution is pretty simple - buffer either the input of the following effect or the output of the wah. 

source page

hth
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline sleepnot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
Try a dime bag wah. I consider it like crying sick cow. It wahs on even on the high registers.

x10000000 :mrgreen:

User here too..  :-D
\M/

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 08:17:27 PM »
Is red fasel matters more than tita cory fasel?

OH GOOD LORD STOP ME FROM UPPING THAT THREAD
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
OH GOOD LORD STOP ME FROM UPPING THAT THREAD

napagusapan na ba yan dati?  :)
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...