hulika

Author Topic: Looking for BASSIST, DRUMMER to form Jazz Trio  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Evo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Looking for BASSIST, DRUMMER to form Jazz Trio
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:35:41 AM »
Hi I'm a guitar player.  looking for a BASS PLAYER and DRUMMER to form a Jazz Trio. I'm looking to focus on jazz, bossa, and maybe even r&b standards for this group and am looking at aiming this group towards playing at hotels, lounges and the like for some steady gigs while having fun as well. We'll work on a proper portfolio and band resume as well as a professional repertoire.

I'm really not looking for much other than that you have good time feel, have some experience playing jazz or bossa or at least have been practicing the styles, ENJOYS playing in these styles and if you're a bass player, can read lead sheets and chord changes. If you play drums, it'd be great too if you can read the sheets at least for the form of the tune. You don't have to be a Jaco Pastorius or a Vinnie Colaiuta. I'm definitely still learning as well as a player. As long as you can hold together with the group from start to end of the tune and can vibe will doing so, we'll work out fine.

There's really no huge pressure on the reading. We can communicate and send sheets to each other the night before rehearsals so at least we can all practice before we get together and jam. I've just found that it makes communication a lot faster and minimizes mistakes. I have some charts we can use to start with and of course you will have a say in what songs we end up playing.

Originals, hopefully, in the future. But I'd really like to focus on a repertoire that we can play well and people will have a good time listening to at first. Our originals will come as we continue to play together.

If anybody is interested, you can PM me here with your details and maybe a video or demo of you would help. Doesnt have to be a professional demo. Just anything recorded with your laptop's camera is perfectly fine. Ill be posting videos of myself here as well just so you guys have a feel of how I play too.

Thanks! And I hope this interests many of you.

P.S.
We'll start getting together in May most likely as I'm still in the process of moving back to the Philippines. But when I come back we'll definitely get the ball rolling.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:44:23 PM by Evo »

Offline I Soria

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Looking for BASSIST, DRUMMER to form Jazz Trio
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
pm sent

Offline sitie_76

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »
Hi! Sir, me & my bassist are willing to have an audition.. You can reach me at (+639494928704)

Offline gamusa

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
Sir drummer here 32 yrs old and I also teach drums at Yamaha School of Music. I am really interested to join and play with the group you want to form. here's my no. sir 09199440984 thanks and God bless.

Offline marley_joe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »
sir bass player here dati ako tumutugtug sa hotel jazz and bossa, site reader din, and may kapatid akong drummer, kung interested ka, pm mo lang ako, tnx and god bless,,,

Offline jecoi

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »
hi evo!

i'm a bassist at heart but i can also be a percussionist

maybe i would take the perc position in this case

you may want to see my post here in philmusic http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=314452.msg4343753#msg4343753

thanks!

Offline Evo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post! I've been getting quite a number of interesting replies! I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to some yet because I've been taking care of some stuff but I will try my best to answer to everyone. I will contact you guys via cellphone as soon as I move back to Manila. Thanks so much and keep them coming!

Offline Evo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 05:01:24 PM »
Anybody else interested? :)

Offline Evo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
Still looking!:D