hulika

Author Topic: Agile 8 string Guitars (if there's an Agile thread, please point me 2 it thanks)  (Read 955 times)

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
I'm moving up (or down hehe) from playing 7 strings and I'm planning to purchase my first 8 string guitar sometime early next year. I would just like to try it out for a few new song ideas and see what happens after a year.

1. Has anyone made transactions with Rondo Music? http://www.rondomusic.com/ How was service? How fast was delivery time?

2. Custums. If I purchase a guitar through a website and have it shipped to my doorstep, do I have to pay custums? More or less how much? (sorry n-0-0-b question)

3. Anyway anyone with 8 string guitar experience? Will having a local luthier assemble me one be better or I'm better off purchasing a foreign built guitar

Note: I don't care about wood, pickups, and general branding this time. I just want an 8 string guitar that functions and decentand see if I will like it or not.

TYIA!!!

:evil: :evil: :-D :-D :-D

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:41:10 PM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
I'm moving up (or down hehe) from playing 7 strings and I'm planning to purchase my first 8 string guitar sometime early next year. I would just like to try it out for a few new song ideas and see what happens after a year.

1. Has anyone made transactions with Rondo Music? http://www.rondomusic.com/ How was service? How fast was delivery time?

2. Custums. If I purchase a guitar through a website and have it shipped to my doorstep, do I have to pay custums? More or less how much? (sorry n-0-0-b question)

3. Anyway anyone with 8 string guitar experience? Will having a local luthier assemble me one be better or I'm better off purchasing a foreign built guitar

Note: I don't care about wood, pickups, and general branding this time. I just want an 8 string guitar that functions and decentand see if I will like it or not.

TYIA!!!

:evil: :evil: :-D :-D :-D

their 8 strings are probably the cheapest out there, getting one myself too..im not in pinas, but as far as kurt service he is really helpful, i'd rather order one pre-made,

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
their 8 strings are probably the cheapest out there, getting one myself too..im not in pinas, but as far as kurt service he is really helpful, i'd rather order one pre-made,

yeah I went through the internet and found 8 stringers to be in the $1k range, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my budget. im good within the $600 range

when are you buying yours bai? im selling some of my guitars to buy one I hope its worth it LOL
This is a forum siggy.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
yeah I went through the internet and found 8 stringers to be in the $1k range, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my budget. im good within the $600 range

when are you buying yours bai? im selling some of my guitars to buy one I hope its worth it LOL

next year, the only ones you can order right now is the standard models, the custom shop opens around feb-april-ish, with the custom order you can specify finishes that is not found on the website, i want mine to have a blue top with binding with a red trans back..