hulika

Author Topic: Not another DIY pedal!  (Read 851 times)

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Not another DIY pedal!
« on: November 11, 2006, 04:35:31 PM »
These DIY stomps are addictive. The true bypass loop is working pretty well. The parts that I've ordered arrived this evening. So I've started on my new project as soon as my baby went off to sleep.
So I have an enclosure, 2 mono jacks, a 100K audio taper pot, and some wires. About 45 minutes worth of drilling and soldering and I came up with a simple volume box. It sounds pretty transparent, I can't detect any tone loss.
What does it do? Basically a master volume. I put it on the amp's FX loop so that I can crank up the amp and get a good tube distortion without being summoned by the police. Let me clarify that this could never soak the tubes like this guy on ebay claims ( http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUMEBOX-FOR-PEAVEY-DELTA-BLUES-CLASSIC-30-50-212-5150_W0QQitemZ190048716888QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ), but it could let you crank the front of your amp and control its rather touchy volume control. He's asking $30 for a plastic enclosed-most-likely-cheap-parts piece of junk. I have a diecast enclosed quality parts for half that price. You'll need an attenuator to really soak up the tubes and get that real tube distortion sound. This only goes into the FX loop, hence, only into the preamp. It works like a volume pedal minus the foot controlled oscillator. The Little Alligator was taking a lot of space so I've made this instead. 8-) Fits nicely on my board.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 04:42:26 PM by Bart »

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Not another DIY pedal!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »
Wow! Another Bart's Looper-Pooper product. Galing pre. Oi! Asaan na yong #2 dual looper ko? :-D

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:57:23 PM »
Wow! Another Bart's Looper-Pooper product. Galing pre. Oi! Asaan na yong #2 dual looper ko? :-D

Serioso ka ba? Gusto mo ba talaga nung loop? Di ba meron ka na nung malaking loop?

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 05:55:20 PM »
Seryoso ako. Kelangan ko pa ng isang dual true-bypass looper. Instead na bumili ng iba, e di, sa kakilala ko na.