hulika

Author Topic: Tips to maximize mixers  (Read 1615 times)

Offline ryanfelipe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Tips to maximize mixers
« on: November 10, 2006, 03:51:44 AM »
Hello mga guru! Ask sana ako tips how to maximize yung mixer namin (Behringer SL3242FX - Pro). Right now, we have the mixer, compressor, equalizer and reverb. Setup kasi ngayon 2 speakers for the main out, then 2 speakers for monitor na naka plug dun sa auxilliary, tama ba to?

Also, tama ba yung pagkasunod sunod nila, kasi what I did was mixer, then compressor, then reverb, then equalizer, then speakers?

Di ba redundant yung reverb effect since may built in effects na yung mixer?

Since yung 2 monitors nakasaksak directly dun sa Aux1 and Aux2 flat yung sound nila unlike dun sa 2 main speakers. Can I connect the monitors to the equalizer and reverb para di flat sounds?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! :)

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tips to maximize mixers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 08:02:52 AM »
Behringer SL3242FX - Pro

Setup kasi ngayon 2 speakers for the main out, then 2 speakers for monitor na naka plug dun sa auxilliary, tama ba to?

Tama.

Also, tama ba yung pagkasunod sunod nila, kasi what I did was mixer, then compressor, then reverb, then equalizer, then speakers?

Yung signal chain dapat mixer -> compressor -> powered speakers. Ilagay mo nalang ang eq sa main insert ng mixer pero gumamit ka ng stereo Y na insert cable. Pwede rin ilagay ang eq sa gitna ng mixer at compressor.

Oo, kaya huwag na ikabit ang reverb sa mixer.

Since yung 2 monitors nakasaksak directly dun sa Aux1 and Aux2 flat yung sound nila unlike dun sa 2 main speakers. Can I connect the monitors to the equalizer and reverb para di flat sounds?

Dapat talaga may hiwalay na 31-band eq para sa dalawang monitors. Pero huwag na lagyan ng reverb ang monitors kasi gugulo lang ang tunog at mas mahirap ikontrol ang feedback sa monitors.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:56:30 AM »
Behringer SL3242FX - Pro

This is relative. Often, outboard reverb devices have better quality (reverb-wise) than built-in reverbs in mixers. The expected use, however, is what qualifies which reverb to use. If for recording, it's better to use the outboard reverb patched into an aux send. Kung plain live setting lang with no recording, use the built-in reverb.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 07:14:43 PM »
Behringer SL3242FX - Pro

This is relative. Often, outboard reverb devices have better quality (reverb-wise) than built-in reverbs in mixers. The expected use, however, is what qualifies which reverb to use. If for recording, it's better to use the outboard reverb patched into an aux send. Kung plain live setting lang with no recording, use the built-in reverb.
I was going to suggest that too but the mixer has 4 aux sends only. Aux 1 & 2 are for the built-in effects. Aux 3 & 4 will be used for the 2 monitors. He can't add the reverb unit as an external effects processor anymore.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline ryanfelipe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 06:34:49 AM »
Behringer SL3242FX - Pro
Yung signal chain dapat mixer -> compressor -> powered speakers. Ilagay mo nalang ang eq sa main insert ng mixer pero gumamit ka ng stereo Y na insert cable. Pwede rin ilagay ang eq sa gitna ng mixer at compressor.

Thanks so much for the inputs mga sir. Sir Tarkuz, would there be a big difference if yung eq naka plug dun sa main insert from the eq between the mixer and compressor? Time to dispose the reverb.

Thanks to sir KitC, I have follow up question pero about keyboards yun eh, sa kabilang thread na lang hehe. :)