hulika

Author Topic: Gear that find their way back to you  (Read 4317 times)

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gear that find their way back to you
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »
picks and drumsticks bumalik sakin nung laspag na
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gear that find their way back to you
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »
I bought this baby back in 2008 to lift my goldtop les paul GAS. This les paul caught my eye for quite some time back then and when I got the cash to snag it, i did. Easily one of the best sounding electric (by that time) I've ever had, but with some issues.. it needed a refret and it is heavy as f*** when gigging.

The serial is 1981, same as my birth year. So there's a sentimental value going on with the guitar. It pleases me to know that I have in my possession, a guitar that is my age exactly.

Fast forward, I got bitten by the tele bug. With so many going on in my life that time (2008 was a f*** messy year for me), I had it traded for a Gneco Telecaster. I think a 1974 or '77. I was happy with the tele for a short time, before it sold for far less than what I paid the les paul for.

Fast forward again to 2010. I missed the damn guitar, I started asking around for it. Regret started to kick in.

Fast forward again to 2013. It magically popped up in the ads. I never thought twice so... I contacted the seller immediately to reserve.

Here it is now:

All black plastics
Refretted
Gibson pickups
New hardware

:)
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman