hulika

Author Topic: HELP!!!  (Read 2797 times)

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
HELP!!!
« on: November 21, 2006, 05:12:09 AM »
i'm using cbase sx3,and i'm having problems with latency since i'm only using the built in
sound junk of my pc.i did use asio4all pero kaunti lang nai-tulong nya.
correct me,but i think i would have to get a digital audio interface(tama ba?).
meron ba kayong may ma-suggest na mura lang,mga 5-10k  pero does the job.tnx!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 05:15:23 AM by kawayan_strat »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 05:36:39 AM »
i'm using cbase sx3,and i'm having problems with latency since i'm only using the built in

kung latency during mixing or playback on the app problem mo. baka

1. overloaded na ba ng effects yung mga tracks mo.
2. how much ram do u have sa cpu mo? atleast sana naka 512mb ka or better yet 1gb minimum.
3. do u have other applications running on the background? no other applications should be running during session on ur DAW
    (eg. anti virus on systray, messengers)

i think i would have to get a digital audio interface(tama ba?).
meron ba kayong may ma-suggest na mura lang,mga 5-10k  pero does the job.tnx!

for starters and budget constraint. bili ka na lang creative sound card either audigy or x-fi.
kung mejo maluwag naman budget mo EMU 1212M PCI naman bilhin mo.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:57 AM »
there's also m-audio in JB.  that should fit the bill (i think).  i suggest scouting for second hand stuff in the pro audio classifieds. 
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:53:40 AM »
there's also m-audio in JB.  that should fit the bill (i think).  i suggest scouting for second hand stuff in the pro audio classifieds. 

Ooohhh... he just missed out on bugoy's Audiophile 2496!

Both the M-Audio and Emu stuff are good and are highly recommended. Seriously, you should consider something better than an ouboard soundcard if you want better performance/latency with Cubase. The soundblasters are ok to begin with, but rather than spending around 11k for an XFi, better to put that money into M-audio and Emu stuff.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »
oo nga pala noh... yun yung ina eye ko yung kay bugoy...

sayang kawayan_strat at mejo nahuli huli ka.

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:56:28 PM »
kaya pa ata sa M-audio ng 6,700.00++(disc price) kung cash ata. para sa audiophile 2496..galing ako JB MOA nung last month e...kasya sa budget yun sir...onti lang diff from sir bugoy
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 02:10:42 AM »

Ooohhh... he just missed out on bugoy's Audiophile 2496!

Both the M-Audio and Emu stuff are good and are highly recommended. Seriously, you should consider something better than an ouboard soundcard if you want better performance/latency with Cubase. The soundblasters are ok to begin with, but rather than spending around 11k for an XFi, better to put that money into M-audio and Emu stuff.
sir kit,may friend ako na may soundblaster,which specific model yung sinasabi mo na
"ok to begin with"? :?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 02:18:50 AM by kawayan_strat »

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 02:17:05 AM »

2. how much ram do u have sa cpu mo? atleast sana naka 512mb ka or better yet 1gb minimum.
3. do u have other applications running on the background? no other applications should be running during session on ur DAW
1.di naman overloaded sa effects yung mga tracks.
2.sa ram,512lng(baka eto)
3.latency during playback lang amigo.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 02:26:38 AM »
The Audigy series "will do" if you want to make a demo. Just don't expect it to have pristine sound quality. The older SBlives are "just there" pero I don't like their noise floor. One more thing, to get good sync with the Audigy, ALWAYS (and I mean ALWAYS) record at 48 khz, not 44.1 as is the norm. Just do a sample rate conversion when burning to CD; use Voxengo's free r8brain to convert to 44.1. r8brain is one of the better sample rate conversion software out there; it sometimes sounds better than sample rate converters built into most DAW software.

What 'blaster does your friend have?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 02:33:35 AM »

main factors talaga eh ram and sound card.

like what me, bossing KitC and ma'am Hazel said try getting a good one like EMU or M-Audio. cguro naman pasok na sa budget mo yung 6.7k para msa M-Audio audiophile 2496 na nabaggit ni Bindoy

PEACE!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 02:34:55 AM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 02:37:05 AM »
mejo OT: Im Planning to sell my audigy zs platinum for 4k baka interesado ka :)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 02:38:06 AM »

1. Too many effects can overload the cpu causing dropouts and the audio engine to stop.

2. 512 megs is ok for tracking and mixing, I survived for the last 3 years with just that. It doesn't hurt to have 1 gig though. What is important is to regularly defrag your hard drive before recording.

3. Excessive latency is a sign of bad drivers or too high buffer settings. Bad drivers prevent you from reaching single-digit latency times, while high buffer settings will delay playback appreciably. Don't record with plugins, add those later during mixing.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 05:07:12 AM »

1. Too many effects can overload the cpu causing dropouts and the audio engine to stop.

2. 512 megs is ok for tracking and mixing, I survived for the last 3 years with just that. It doesn't hurt to have 1 gig though. What is important is to regularly defrag your hard drive before recording.

3. Excessive latency is a sign of bad drivers or too high buffer settings. Bad drivers prevent you from reaching single-digit latency times, while high buffer settings will delay playback appreciably. Don't record with plugins, add those later during mixing.
1.i only use naturalverb and sonic maximizer

2.i'm contemplating right now to add another ram. :|.ok i'll defrag regularly.tnx!

3.i don't record with plugins,i add them after.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 05:09:58 AM »
The Audigy series "will do" if you want to make a demo. Just don't expect it to have pristine sound quality. The older SBlives are "just there" pero I don't like their noise floor. One more thing, to get good sync with the Audigy, ALWAYS (and I mean ALWAYS) record at 48 khz, not 44.1 as is the norm. Just do a sample rate conversion when burning to CD; use Voxengo's free r8brain to convert to 44.1. r8brain is one of the better sample rate conversion software out there; it sometimes sounds better than sample rate converters built into most DAW software.

What 'blaster does your friend have?
i think "live" yun.may front panel sha na pwede dun mag input ng midi at standard jacks ata.
color white as i remember.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 05:28:07 AM »
audigy yun sir or x-fi series

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »
The SBLive Platinum also had  front panel breakout. Re: the XFi, note that the kxproject drivers don't work with that card.

With regards to plugins, note that time-based effects such as reverbs and delays usually have a much higher cpu hit than other plugins so if your pc is struggling, just render or freeze the effect so you can proceed with further processing. I once went that route when I was mixing on a 166 MMX! :-o

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »
so,pwede na yung ganun?total hiram lang muna para i-test.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 04:44:40 PM »
so,pwede na yung ganun?total hiram lang muna para i-test.

pede na rin for starters :)

PEACE!