hulika

Author Topic: STAGG brand ok po ba ito? "picture inside"  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Rikopin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
STAGG brand ok po ba ito? "picture inside"
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »
meron po kase ako na gustuhan na gitara nila.. SEL-ZEB-MRD model po..

ito po ung picture..
https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1912475_798858950142559_971517892_a.jpg
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:51:32 PM by Rikopin »

Offline chupao

• Veteran Member
Re: STAGG brand ok po ba ito? "picture inside"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »
I have this L400-BK but with the old Stagg logo.

I like it more than the new logo.

PICS

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »

Hit or miss din sila, pero usually hit naman. you just have to sit down and choose. :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline silentspring

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:23 AM »
My friend has the tele sunburst copy and its a very decent guitar.. nice vintage appointments, has the tele twang and raunchy on overdrive... just have to test them.. and very well-priced btw

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 02:42:08 AM »
My friend has the tele sunburst copy and its a very decent guitar.. nice vintage appointments, has the tele twang and raunchy on overdrive... just have to test them.. and very well-priced btw

+1. Though I haven't tested one, pero kapag nakakakita ako ng stagg naiimpress ako sa finish and overall aesthetics considering the price. Kung second hand yang trip mo, try mo munang itest usually pumapayag naman mga sellers
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
STAGG brand ok po ba ito? "picture inside"
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »
There are 2 school of thoughts when buying non-major brands. First, brands don't matter as long as you like the look, feel, and tone. Second, it is hard to resell non-major brands at the price you want.

Your choice.

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
I have a bound-neck Stagg 335 clone which I bought to be mod-ed and experimented on.  Out of the box okay naman siya.  So far I've changed the stock tuners with locking ones, swapped-in a graphite nut, changed the TOM bridge with a locking one with graphite saddles, waxed the pups and filed-down the fret ends.  Kinda strange having done such major changes on such a low cost axe.  Thing is I just needed a platform to put in those mods so starting with a cheap axe made sense.  Don't get me wrong - the stock parts that went into the guitar were decent and didn't have anything wrong with them (except for the fret sprout, which is easy to fix).  Funny but I get to use this axe more than my all original MIJ and Floyd-ed strats.

There are crappy Staggs and there are decent to sweet playing ones just as there are good and bad branded ones (kahit mid to late fifties Les Pauls sila).  You just have to try them out and are willing to walk away from a bad sounding/playing one.  I was lucky enough to come across a sweet sounding one so its being cheap only made things better.  This definitely is a keeper so resell value is not an issue for me.  As far as GAS is concerned, buy with your ears, your hands and your wallet.  you can't go wrong there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:04:49 PM by Jaco D »

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
As far as GAS is concerned, buy with your ears, your hands and your wallet.  you can't go wrong there.

that is wisdom, in that order.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
I have a bound-neck Stagg 335 clone which I bought to be mod-ed and experimented on.  Out of the box okay naman siya.  So far I've changed the stock tuners with locking ones, swapped-in a graphite nut, changed the TOM bridge with a locking one with graphite saddles, waxed the pups and filed-down the fret ends.  Kinda strange having done such major changes on such a low cost axe.  Thing is I just needed a platform to put in those mods so starting with a cheap axe made sense.  Don't get me wrong - the stock parts that went into the guitar were decent and didn't have anything wrong with them (except for the fret sprout, which is easy to fix).  Funny but I get to use this axe more than my all original MIJ and Floyd-ed strats.

There are crappy Staggs and there are decent to sweet playing ones just as there are good and bad branded ones (kahit mid to late fifties Les Pauls sila).  You just have to try them out and are willing to walk away from a bad sounding/playing one.  I was lucky enough to come across a sweet sounding one so its being cheap only made things better.  This definitely is a keeper so resell value is not an issue for me.  As far as GAS is concerned, buy with your ears, your hands and your wallet.  you can't go wrong there.

My exact thoughts as well.
Proud owner of a STAGG A250 Strat here.
Just a few upgrades and it plays and sounds great.

and, DAT LAST LINE. very well said.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Rikopin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »
nako maraming salamat po sa mga reply nyo..  :)

brand new po yan.. na bili ko sa "music source" na shop sa SM.

as for the guitar masaya nmn po ako.. lagi ko din sha gamit kase pang 2nd electric ko sha.. hmm kung meron ako napansin na hindi ko trip is ung NUT nya mataas mashado then ung stock na TOM nya is nag bu-BUZZ ung pang 3rd string mapa open man or hindi (pro hindi malala ung buzz) so ayun lng ung nakita ko na negative side pro as for the other parts ok nmn lagi din nasa tono kahit panay bend ng string. gusto ko din ung fret wire nya..
(binili ko po kahit my buzz kasi my balak po talaga ako mag palit ng TOM bridge :-D)

then last question napo  ^-^ ano magandang ipalit na NUT? and bridge?. at san nkka bili

again salamat po talaga!!  :wave:

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
nako maraming salamat po sa mga reply nyo..  :)

brand new po yan.. na bili ko sa "music source" na shop sa SM.

as for the guitar masaya nmn po ako.. lagi ko din sha gamit kase pang 2nd electric ko sha.. hmm kung meron ako napansin na hindi ko trip is ung NUT nya mataas mashado then ung stock na TOM nya is nag bu-BUZZ ung pang 3rd string mapa open man or hindi (pro hindi malala ung buzz) so ayun lng ung nakita ko na negative side pro as for the other parts ok nmn lagi din nasa tono kahit panay bend ng string. gusto ko din ung fret wire nya..
(binili ko po kahit my buzz kasi my balak po talaga ako mag palit ng TOM bridge :-D)

then last question napo  ^-^ ano magandang ipalit na NUT? and bridge?. at san nkka bili

again salamat po talaga!!  :wave:

Pwedeng option mo is pumunta sa luthier. Ako laging kay micsis pag bone nut. Tapos pasetup ka narin. Hehe.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
Pwedeng option mo is pumunta sa luthier. Ako laging kay micsis pag bone nut. Tapos pasetup ka narin. Hehe.

A Big +1. Dalin agad sa luthier to have the guitar properly setup. and OO, malaking difference ang bone nut hahaha.

Offline Rikopin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »
taga dasmarinas cavite po ako bka meron kayo kilala na malapit na luthier dito samin or kung wla willing nmn po ako pumunta sa mga kilala nyo na luthier just need contact pra mka pag ask ng info about s setup and price meron ba sila FB page? group? or website?  :)