hulika

Author Topic: Jake E. Lee  (Read 1190 times)

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Jake E. Lee
« on: April 07, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
I recently saw a video of this guy performing "Bark At the Moon" with Red Dragon Cartel sa Winter NAMM 2014. Even though he looks out of shape...I'm glad he's back.

Fans of Jake E. Lee?  :wave:

*He looks like a mid 2000s era Eddie Van Halen. hehe
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Jake E. Lee
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
I recently saw a video of this guy performing "Bark At the Moon" with Red Dragon Cartel sa Winter NAMM 2014. Even though he looks out of shape...I'm glad he's back.

Fans of Jake E. Lee?  :wave:

*He looks like a mid 2000s era Eddie Van Halen. hehe

A fan here! :razz: Great guitar player but quite underrated. He had been out of the spotlight for more or less a decade due to the simple fact that he just didn't want to deal with shady promoters anymore and that he felt like the music scene nowadays is all just about the Benjamins and no longer about creating good, high-quality music per se.

Jake had let his guard down a lot of times in the past and seemed to easily trust anyone. That's when certain people/promoters around him took advantage of his disposition. After a series of unfortunate events, he decided to veer away from the limelight and lived a low-profile life. He did appear on some tribute albums but that was it. No major appearance, performance, promotions until Red Dragon Cartel. And, yeah, it truly is good to have the great JEL back!

***JEL's outro solo to BATM is still one of the finest lead lines I have ever heard.

"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »
I like his new band Red Dragon Cartel.  :-)

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »
Saw this guy on a video when I was starting playing leads on guitar.. and he was awesome...
Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
fan here as well, the outro solo on BATM easily beats out the main solo for me.

he's like the USA's Takasaki Akira or is it the other way around  :lol:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »
fan here as well, the outro solo on BATM easily beats out the main solo for me.

he's like the USA's Takasaki Akira or is it the other way around  :lol:

Akira Takasaki is Japan's Jake E. Lee is more like it. :wink:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 01:37:59 AM »
Akira Takasaki is Japan's Jake E. Lee is more like it. :wink:

most probably!  :lol:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com