hulika

Author Topic: question about n3 noiseless pickups  (Read 958 times)

Offline jrmercado

question about n3 noiseless pickups
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »
i am using a fender am.deluxe strat. the pick ups are noiseless pero me humm sound siya ngayon lalo na pag me dist./overdrive effect. the amp im using is a mustang 2. anyone out there who has experience this hum? thanks.

Offline ijoejit

Re: question about n3 noiseless pickups
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:16 PM »
Either insulation lang or wiring issue.

Offline jrmercado

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 11:22:15 PM »
Any luthier u can recommend?

Offline diamondsyd1

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:51 PM »
wiring cguro yan pero try mo din lipat sa ibang outlet ng kuryente, halmbawa kung sa living room ka nka plug try mo sa kitchen. Wag lang sa banyo ovcurZ. Hehehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rschua

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
Probable issues are as follows :

1. improper grounding issue or broken/large ground loop,
2. you're using a non-regulated power supply or if the power supply is regulated, it is already starting to fail and no longer supplying adequate current.
3. Poor or unshielded guitar cable.

How to isolate the issue? Plug your guitar directly to an Amp and turn on the built in OD/Dist of the amp.

1. If the hum goes away, the power supply on your dirtboxes/effects is the culprit.
2. If the hum is still there, replace your guitar cable with a properly shielded guitar cable and if the hum goes away, then the culprit is the guitar cable.
3. If the hum is still there after you have replaced the guitar cable, most likely you have a poorly grounded pickups wiring like the ground loop is broken or you have poorly soldered ground loop.

HTH
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:39:28 PM by rschua »
Jesus=Life.
umaga-klei-rschua http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=327864.0
Your word [Jesus] is a lamp to guide my feet and a light to my path. Ps.119:105

Offline jrmercado

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 11:22:04 AM »
thank you so much sir! your post is very informative !

Probable issues are as follows :

1. improper grounding issue or broken/large ground loop,
2. you're using a non-regulated power supply or if the power supply is regulated, it is already starting to fail and no longer supplying adequate current.
3. Poor or unshielded guitar cable.

How to isolate the issue? Plug your guitar directly to an Amp and turn on the built in OD/Dist of the amp.

1. If the hum goes away, the power supply on your dirtboxes/effects is the culprit.
2. If the hum is still there, replace your guitar cable with a properly shielded guitar cable and if the hum goes away, then the culprit is the guitar cable.
3. If the hum is still there after you have replaced the guitar cable, most likely you have a poorly grounded pickups wiring like the ground loop is broken or you have poorly soldered ground loop.

HTH