hulika

Author Topic: laptop recording/sequencing  (Read 969 times)

Offline bdc3

laptop recording/sequencing
« on: December 25, 2006, 12:56:20 AM »
hi recording peeps, i have an hp dv4000 laptop and i want to use this for rec/sequencing... what audio/midi interface would you recommend that's available here in manila? thnx very much...  :-)

and ohhh... budget meals lang pala ha, beginner pa lang ako eh.. :-D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:58:30 AM by bdc3 »

Offline edgarthewalrus

Re: laptop recording/sequencing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 11:43:39 PM »
kung merong firewire port yung laptop mo, you can go for m-audio firewire solo.. available siya locally sa jb music store and crystal audio.. i got mine from crystal audio more than a year ago..

ok naman ang firewire solo.. it gets the job done especially sa beginners like natin.. i want to upgrade to an 8 channel or more input audio interface pero gusto kong i max out ang capability ng firewire solo.. kapag nakapaglabas na ako ng album using firewire solo then that means i used it to the max na  :-D and i will definitely go with the high end audio interface when i've done that  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 11:48:56 PM by edgarthewalrus »
http://www.hyneriamosssoundscape.wordpress.com
SOLD ITEMS TO foresight, yearling, dread_head, reggaenursenikew, ramnem, child309, dom_pag0ng
BOUGHT ITEMS harkanie27,userzeroone, morphine

Offline bdc3

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 05:23:52 PM »
tnx bro...

baka ibenta mo na yang firewire solo mo sa kin mo muna alok ha...  :-D

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »
If you can manage it, get a hold a Behringer UCA-202 or FCA-202. The former is usb-based while the latter is firewire. The UCA-202 is usually bundled with Xenyx mixers that are being sold here, hopefully, Joint Venture will be offering them separately. I don't know if JV has the FCA-202, you can check our audio supplier directory for their numbers. If you have relatives abroad, cajole them into getting you a UCA-202 as it only lists for $29.95 here. The FCA goes for $79.99 here.

For midi, there are 2 possible routes, if you already have a midi keyboard but no interface, you can get the M-Audio Midisport Uno available at JB stores or you can check out the usb keyboard controllers. JB carries the M-Audio Keystation 49 for P7.5k while JV has the Behringer UMX-61 for about the same price. Check out their keyboard action and get the one that feel best for you.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire