hulika

Author Topic: sound blocking  (Read 1450 times)

Offline donald

sound blocking
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:20:38 PM »
hello,

what is the best thing to use in blocking the sound?
It's not for studio purposes. i just want to block the sound
coming from the outside going to my room.
should i use glass(w/ sealants around it), cement board or gypsum board
i will permanently close that window.

thanks  :-)

Offline Blueberri

Re: sound blocking
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »
I dont mean to be an @ss...

But there's a thread here somewhere with lots of info on this...also check the net for more stuff. baka magsawa mga gurus natin dito kakasagot ng the same questions over and over again...

peace man!!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:24:13 PM »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline donald

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:45:53 PM »
thank you very much sir Kitc and sorry po blueberri.
it's a diffrent case kasi. masyadong mahal kung gagawin ko
yun type ng soundproofing like for the studios.  gypsum with rockwool
and more plus acoustic treatments. yun kasi mga nababasa ko in some threads,
complicated sa kelangan ko.

thank you very much sir.
God Bless

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 11:16:21 PM »
Kung window lang ang concern mo, you have to ask yourself, do you still want ambient light going in? or do you want to seal the window completely?

If you want to have ambient light, definitely double plate glass is called for but remember, it is only as efficient as the frame and sills you will install, as well as the wall the window will go into. If the wall isn't exactly soundproofed to begin with, useless ang double plate glass construction.

You can also consider closing off the window by using the methods and materials described in the thread such as gypsum boards and rockwool/fiberglass. If the wall in question is concrete, them consider cementing the hole completely since soundproofing is dependent on the mass of the materials you will be using.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Blueberri

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 11:54:52 PM »
you mentioned na permanent na yung seal...i-pa sara mo na ng hollow blocks yung window. materials wise mas mura kalalabasan, and very effective mag block ng sound...mas makalat nga lang gawin..and mag hire ka talaga ng gagawa...two days of work @350/day, a few hollow block and a couple of kilos of cemnt and sand shouldnt cost too much. ikaw na lang mag pintura para tipid..hehe

Offline donald

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »
you mentioned na permanent na yung seal...i-pa sara mo na ng hollow blocks yung window. materials wise mas mura kalalabasan, and very effective mag block ng sound...mas makalat nga lang gawin..and mag hire ka talaga ng gagawa...two days of work @350/day, a few hollow block and a couple of kilos of cemnt and sand shouldnt cost too much. ikaw na lang mag pintura para tipid..hehe

thank you sir blueberri. :-)