hulika

Author Topic: Eraserheads Book: Tikman Ang Langit  (Read 5976 times)

Offline andrea4prez

Re: Eraserheads Book: Tikman Ang Langit
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 12:03:57 AM »
yeah, i really think the article of jing garcia made the book worth it..he was there from the start..i was looking at my pillbox magazine #1 (from eheads), they even mentioned jing garcia's name in the eheads awards article.....

I don't know about your reading skills, but if you read Jing Garcia's essay, you'll see he certainly see he has "the right authority".
i actually got my copy in greenbelt powerbooks. try national bookstore in ayala as well.

i just wish na sana, sa susunod na i-attempt nilang gumawa ng tribute book for eheads ay gawin nilang mas pulido. the book was really blah to me; tasteless in a way kasi you read the same things about them in the entire book. im not even sure if the writers in tikman had the right authority to even write stuff about eheads. i dont want to sound so cynical about it, but eheads, being the biggest rock band for a lot of people, deserved better than tikman.

underside

Offline manins

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 02:54:06 PM »
to zonko:

medyo bad trip ako sa book.

of course, die hard eheads fan ako so i got myself a copy and because i expected something great or something that would exceed my perception of the eheads to be written in its pages. but as i read the entire book, i was left dry and hanging. what the authors said there are the exact sentiments we, the loyal fans, have. nothing new, except for jing garcia's article that provided the solid background story of the eheads when they were starting.

in fairness, the articles were amusing. amusing but not entirely great.

www.underside.wordpress.com

if you have read this, you would have known that jing garcia's article was the only worthy article for me as well.

peace.

underside
now and again, its rather tempting to tell the truth with a  joke.

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 03:25:40 AM »
Maganda ba book?

What's inside?
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Siguro wala na rin akong maaabutan sa ngayon.  :-(

Sabi naman puro "Dear Diary".  :-)

Wag na lang talaga.  :-)

May itatanong lang po ako, tama po ba ung sabi dito sa link na to :

Salamat  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline Leovy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 06:11:24 PM »
It comes out as a fans' book... But I could have been happier if it came out as a sort of journalistic, objective book, like a read that would really dissect the mythology of the Eraserheads and would leave the emotions of being a fan aside. Because while I was reading most of the articles, I was left thinking, hey, I could do something like this on my own... Why read it until the end if I already know how it's going to be?
I would love to read an Eraserheads bio written by just one person only, to avoid repetition of points... A bio that is informative and detached and penetrates deeply into the personalities of our four wonderful men... Or am I just setting the standards too high, having browsed several foreign artist/band bios on the National Bookstore shelves?
Anyway... I've heard that Tikman is the first book about a Pinoy band to be out there in the market. And having the Eraserheads as its subject is sometimes good enough for me. For now.  :-D
Oh well... Writing is hard! I also want to congratulate the writers by the way.  :lol:

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 05:09:20 PM »
Oo nga. Kahit anu pa ring sabihin....tungkol pa rin sa E-heads yung laman nun eh  :-)

Is it the first book?  :?

So will there ba 2nd, 3rd, 4th........................  :evil: :evil:
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline klonipin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 06:13:15 PM »
hindi man lang ginawang colored yung pictures, hmp!

Offline manins

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »
sana mas maganda. yung tipong mas detailed like per year or per album nila gawin yung articles. masyado kasing broad yung pagkakasulat ng articles. wish they'd write something about what the boys were like in college, during tours, during their last years etc. yun lang naman.

underside
now and again, its rather tempting to tell the truth with a  joke.