hulika

Poll

Who do you think the most under rated guitarist is?

Keith Richards
3 (12%)
Chuck Berry
3 (12%)
Jeff Beck
10 (40%)
Gary Rossington
4 (16%)
Jerry Garcia
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: MOST "UNDER RATED" GUITARIST  (Read 8222 times)

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
Re: MOST "UNDER RATED" GUITARIST
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »
Warren de Martini of Ratt

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 02:12:22 PM »
Frank Hannon and Tommy Skeoch from Tesla!  :-D
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline fred

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »

Which guitarist from Chicago are you referring to?

1. Terry Kath - the original from 1967 to 1977
2. Donnie Dacus - replaced Terry Kath and played on the albums Hot Streets to XIV
3. Chris Pinnick - played on Chicago 17
4. DeWayne Bailey - the long haired shredder and their guitarist from 1988 to 1994
5. Keith Howland - their present guitarist

I would say Terry Kath is really underrated. 25 or 6 to 4 has got to be one of the greatest rock guitar solos for me.

Yup, I was referring to the 25 or 6 to 4 guitarist. Thanks for providing the name as I had really forgotten about Terry Kath.   :-D
Singapore Tours start at US$ 130 per person
for 3 Days and 2 Nights until Dec. 2013.  Hong-Kong Tours start at US$98 per person. PM me please. =)

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 02:17:45 AM »
jeff beck fo sho.....look at all the other guitarists in their time

george harrison....simply one of the best

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 03:55:20 AM »
Sam Milby.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha...

And...

Paolo Santos!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!

:-D

I am serious about this:

In another forum, there was a vote for best guitarist in the Philippines, and the candidates are Nyoy, Paolo Santos and Jimmy Bondoc. Jimmy Bondoc came out the clear winner. I asked the forum why did they not nominate... say Cezar Aguas, Noel Mendez, Jondee Villacorta. All I got was non-stop P.I.s and "killjoy" hoots.

tsk tsk tsk tsk

That story is indeed very sad  :-(

if our future is to be populated by pretty-boys wielding acoustic guitars and scratching song hits just to get laid, then

rock and roll has lost its danger  :cry:
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 09:34:35 AM »

for me it's George Harrison and James Taylor. He never seeks refuge to effects said Joe Walsh and its not about speed said CHet Atkins. Its all about the melody that goes through the heart. on his finest live performance in Japan, Clapton as he always do, tried to amazed everyone with speed but after listening to their ad libs, it was george part that kept ringing in the ears and heart. his riffs are short but have you imagined if we try to remove guitar intros in and I love her and In my life, these songs will surely lose its taste. Try to watch george in live in japan video how he masterfully renderd slide.

James Taylor too. Many tried to copy his style, but no one comes close. hehee hindi patterned ang plucking style nya

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 09:37:53 AM »

for me it's George Harrison and James Taylor. He never seeks refuge to effects said Joe Walsh and its not about speed said CHet Atkins. Its all about the melody that goes through the heart. on his finest live performance in Japan, Clapton as he always do, tried to amazed everyone with speed but after listening to their ad libs, it was george part that kept ringing in the ears and heart. his riffs are short but have you imagined if we try to remove guitar intros in and I love her and In my life, these songs will surely lose its taste. Try to watch george in live in japan video how he masterfully renderd slide.

James Taylor too. Many tried to copy his style, but no one comes close. hehee hindi patterned ang plucking style nya

Sakto.....right on the button.. :-D

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »
Gotta agree with George Harrison being very under rated.  After all Chuck Berry, George Harrison and Keith Richards pretty much started in the 50's what we know as Rock Music today.
Be well,

"Doc Rick"  Even when life is a bed or roses, there are still those damn thorns!!

Offline fuzzylogic

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 08:48:41 PM »
scott henderson

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »
hmmm...Michael Lee Firkins

dref40cc

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »

i voted for jeff beck in the list pero meron din ako sarili list sa pinoy si gary perez gitarista ni sampaguiita at nag compose ng halos lahat ng hits niya. palagay ko dapat nasa "hall of fame" na siya dito sa atin pagdating sa music contribution.

sa foreign naman si steve howe ng yes rod price ng foghat at hughie thomasson ng the outlaws

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »
I think Steve Howe and Jeff Beck are not underrated. They are so acclaimed at napakaraming guitarista ang nakakakilala sa kanila and influenced by them.

Hughie Thomasson? Yes I agree he is pretty darn underrated.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

dref40cc

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »

don felder at mga gitarista ng 38 special at atlanta rhytm section.