hulika

Author Topic: Progressive Instrumental in the Philippines :)  (Read 1223 times)

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
Progressive Instrumental in the Philippines :)
« on: September 03, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »
Guyz sa tingin nyo.. ma aapreciate ba ng mga Pinoy ang ganitong genre?.. parang other side ito Progressive Metal/Rock..
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Progressive Instrumental in the Philippines :)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »
    Hey, I'm sure people will like it if radio stations will give airplays to this genre. The problem is I think people in the radio stations are not prepared for this kind of genre. The "dumber" the music for them, the better...
   I have been to Indonesia several times...meron dun nag de dream theater night  sa isang university tapos ung opening act  tribute band na Symphony X ang tugtog. And i said, wow! Sa TV naman,I checked out their MTVs almost puro rock oriented and that is may mga progressive rock overtones ang kanilang mga compositions kahit na wala sa lugar "minsan" nag a ala Metropolis tapos ung dugtung ng kanta parang iba na,pero you will know na ang maririnig mo sa kanilang playing that they were influenced by progressive bands. And itatanong natin kung bakit ganun dun? Two Words! "Heavy Airplay"!

Jazz, Jazz Fusion, Classical,you name it and isnt that great? If only the Philippines can embrace these types of genres.
   Its kinda frustrating marami pa namang mga promising musicians dito sa atin who are into these kinds of music. I wish the music scene here sa 'pinas ay mag e evolve naman into something more of a "thinking" man's type of music genre. Something that would make a listener and a performer mature musically.   

I just wish that the music scene here could be better..if not, the best